Ciao from Northen Italy

ressar

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Italy
Hallo to all. I'm Claudio an live in Northen Italy.
It's a few years that I read the forum and I found it very complete and informative. Now finally we (I and my wife) bought a new home with a big garden and so I buy 4 baby Testudo graeca ibera from a local breeder to begin the real keeping and raising tortoise. I will open as soon as possible a new thread on this new adventure.
And excuse me for my VBE (Very Bad English).

zolasmum

5 Year Member
It's a few years that I read the forum and I found it very complete and informative. Now finally we (I and my wife) bought a new home with a big garden and so I buy 4 baby Testudo graeca ibera from a local breeder to begin the real keeping and raising tortoise. I will open as soon as possible a new thread on this new adventure.
Welcome from theUK Not VBE at all - in fact VGE !
Angie

ressar

5 Year Member
Northern Italy
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

So far, your English is very good!

Are you in the mountains in North Italy? I like Italy a lot, and really enjoyed visiting there many years ago. It's very beautiful!
Yes, I live in the Alps, very near the Garda Lake. So my climate is a mix of mountain weather (cold and snowy in winter) but also mediterrean weather (hot and dry in summer).

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome!

My wife's family is from Italy. They make amazingly good food!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
My only question is how many language do you speak? In the US we have a few shows that are subtitled even though they are reality shows about Americans! ? A big welcome to y'all from Richmond!

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
Welcome! Great English. My grandparents came to the US from Greece, so we are kind of neighbors ?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Hi Tom. Your post about tortoise care are some of the best things that I read over tortoise.
In reality in Italy we may miss a lot of things but not good food and good wine;)
Good food & good wine are universal friend makers. Welcome!! Congrats on your new home & new torts. Lots of pictures, please!!

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new babies. I live in Canada, but have enjoyed 2 wonderful visits to Italy. Please, when you have time we would love to see pictures of your new baby tortoises.

ressar

5 Year Member
Northern Italy
Thank you to all, I will try to begin the thread about my tortoise as soon as possible. Stay tuned.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Ooooh maybe a perfect world relationship. Tom can send you Fir Bark and you could send back some Northern type of olive oil?

ressar

5 Year Member
Northern Italy
This is not a perfet relationship. I live in the Alps and have plenty of Fir Bark! Perhaps he can send me some tequila??

ressar

5 Year Member
Northern Italy
I begin the thread on my tortoise: