Chris Leone- Garden State Tortoise & Hermanni Haven

SamanthaMcGee

Location (City and/or State)
Houston
My daughters wanted a pet and we didn’t want a cat or a dog. We decided on a tortoise. We got one from a pet store and didn’t know anything. We didn’t have it for a month when we believe it was sick when we bought it. We loved it very much and I researched breeders and came upon Chris. He was super helpful with providing information and it took me a few weeks to decide tk buy one of his tortoises. We did and bought 2 baby Hermanns Dalmatian Tortoises. We’ve had them for almost a month and they are doing great. We have “HQ” (Hankers-Qunari) and Cookie Crumbs McGee. HQ loves to explore and Cookie loves to sleep and dig so we have to dig each day. I cant recommend Chris enough as words just don’t do him any justice...he’s just that good!

Attachments

Reactions: Ink

aj_fetterman

Just recently completed my second purchase from Chris and the second was as good if not better than the first. Got my hatchling burmese star and have seen no issues for the week that I have now had it. Could not recommend Chris enough for anyone interested in tortoises of any kind

bouaboua

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA

DeanMckinney

NC
He has always been quick to respond to any questions I have sent even after a year since my last purchase. He is absolutely the best.

mammiller

Ohio
Just wanted to provide additional excellent feedback on Garden State Tortoise and Chris... I've been lurking on the forums for a few weeks learning as much as I could since my daughter decided she wanted a tortoise for her birthday. I quickly determined that I wanted to get a tortoise from a reputable forum member or breeder, and I came across Chris and was lucky that he had a captive bred well-started baby Eastern Hermanns tortoise available.

After a thorough and very informative email exchange, we decided to move forward with the tortoise he had available and my daughter got the birthday present she was dreaming of. Now I get to spend even more time with her as we continue to learn and work together to take care of it. Throughout the process communication from Chris was great, packaging and shipping was perfect and the baby tortoise arrived in excellent condition.

I highly recommend Chris and Garden State Tortoise.

sryan1072

SALEM
Chris has been answering my tortoise questions ( both good and bad) for several years. I have just made my first Tortoise purchase from Chris. I got a 3 y/o male Ibera. The monetary transaction was simple and straightforward (we used PayPal). We waited for a stretch of fair weather to make sure my guy had safe travels. We used FEDEX for the shipment. 14 hours after Chris shipped my Ibera was in my hands. He was well and safely packaged. He was bight eyed and in great shape coming out of the box. After a short soak, he start eating and started exploring.

I intend to purchase from Chris again. This tort was obviously well cared for. If you are unfamiliar with Chris's method of husbandry i suggest you look up some of his Garden State Tortoise videos on YouTube. He believes in using natural environment and practices in raising healthy Turtles/Tortoises. If you have any questions about this transaction and my satisfaction, please contact me