Chocolate Labrador puppy update (Lots of pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
The puppies will be 6 weeks old tomorrow and are eating us out of house and home. :D This has been one of the best experiences of our lives. I can't tell you how fulfilling they are. They will be going to their new homes in two weeks. I will miss them, but we will be keeping one for ourselves. Right now they are waking us up at 2:30 in the morning crying. Hopefully this will stop soon. They are so much like human babies it's unbelievable. :)

DSC04527.jpg

DSC04533.jpg

At 4 weeks I started supplementing their diets with goat milk, raw eggs and yogurt. They loved it. :p

DSC04613.jpg

Uncle Spencer even likes them

DSC04507-1.jpg

About 4 1/2 week old I gave them some chicken wings and marrow bone and they loved it. These are raw food fed dogs. ;)

IMG]http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr210/CandyCal/DSC04578.jpg[/IMG]

This is one of my favorites

DSC04646.jpg

They are absolutely pro at eating these chicken wings now that they are almost 6 weeks old.

DSC04719.jpg

DSC04725.jpg

DSC04738.jpg

DSC04689.jpg

Here's a video of mommy feeding babies. Just click on it. Thanks for looking. ;)

Here's one of them eating their chicken wings. You can see how excited they get.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sweetness over load! :D So which color is the one your keeping? The ribbon color. ;) :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw, Candy, they're so cute! It makes me want my doberman puppy even more now. I'm watching the paper, but so far everyone wants $800 for one crummy little puppy. I'm not going to pay that much! I love the one picture where they're all in a line on the kitchen floor. Too cute!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Great pictures- Im sure they are eating plenty thanks for the update. Do all of them get up at 2:30 am:(

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
emysemys said:
Aw, Candy, they're so cute! It makes me want my doberman puppy even more now. I'm watching the paper, but so far everyone wants $800 for one crummy little puppy. I'm not going to pay that much! I love the one picture where they're all in a line on the kitchen floor. Too cute!

That's not nice. There are no crummy puppies. I am sure you wanted to say crummy $800.00, right? :p:D

Beautiful puppies. Just wondering though, why would you give them raw chicken with bone? The damage it could do to them and cost you. I no, over $5000.00 to remove a foreign object of some sort and it had bones. That wasn't even a little puppy, she was two and she is a Bull Terrier, and they have a more powerful jaw then labs. Also why raw food period? Does it have something to do with them being a hunting breed? I don't no of any hunter breeders that do that. Just curious.:D

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
So cute I love the pic when they are all eating :) Yvonne you wouldn't pay 800 for one of those cute little guys /girls ? you must think I'm crazy for paying 3500 for my soon to be little guy :p

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
They are beautiful Candy. Maybe you can explain the benefits of raw food for those who don't know about it.

Niki

5 Year Member
Dogs can eat raw chicken.... But not cooked chicken. The cooked bones splinter off and can be deadly. Those puppies are so sweet. I feed my dogs raw food ( sometimes). They love it!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thank you for all of the compliments on our puppies. Jacqui we are taking the orange one. My husband gets to pick and he likes her because she's spunky like mom. :D Yvonne, my puppies are being sold for $700.00 dollars. :) I think they are well worth it. Their little coats are incredible. ;) Bigred, the night before last it was 3:30 a.m. and last night it was 4:00 a.m. so I guess it's getting better. They are so much like human babies. :) Wellington, I've been researching diets and immunizations of dogs for a while now and find that the raw food is best for their overall health. Emma delivered 11 puppies and she was ready to play ball 3 days later. I'm not saying that we did that, but she was ready. :p Coreyc, I also love that picture. ;) Terry, I would love to explain everything about raw food because you know that I'm an advocate of it, but taking care of these puppies has completely worn me out and right now I can hardly think. :p Niki, you're exactly right. Most people don't know this. I can't tell you how many times I hear that you can't give a dog a bone. What do people think they used to eat before someone invented dog food? You just have to remember that they have to be raw, not cooked. It wasn't that long ago actually. My sister came over today and took some beautiful pictures with her new Canon camera. I will post them when she sends them to me. :)

HipsterTorts

5 Year Member
Southern California
Oh my goodness I want one! lol They are so adorable!

& I completely agree with the raw food. I don't think people understand what commercial dog food really does to their dogs.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
We had a dog when I was little that developed cancer, the vet gave him two weeks. We switched him to raw food and he live two and a half years. All our dogs are on it now, their coats are so nice. We just do meat and vegetables, how does yogurt and goat milk help them?

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Congrats! I love your puppies. My mom always wanted a Lab...but ended up with a German Shepherd that I brought home instead. She is not very fond of him at times (They shed ALOT of hair) but she wont give him up. How is Fernando doing?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
HipsterTorts said:
Oh my goodness I want one! lol They are so adorable!

& I completely agree with the raw food. I don't think people understand what commercial dog food really does to their dogs.

Thank you. I so love it when I come across people who will or have tried this diet and see the benefits to the animal.

Bow said:
We had a dog when I was little that developed cancer, the vet gave him two weeks. We switched him to raw food and he live two and a half years. All our dogs are on it now, their coats are so nice. We just do meat and vegetables, how does yogurt and goat milk help them?

I also love amazing stories like this one. I wish that I would have know about this diet when my other labrador was sick with cancer. I would have tried that before the drugs that they gave her. The goat milk, yogurt and eggs are used in the weaning process to introduce them to raw food. Goat milk is the closest to their mother's milk so it's not upsetting to their stomachs. I like to give them raw goat milk though if available. I also feed it to the mother and our pug, they love getting it from time to time. I also feed cottage cheese, they love that too. I just wish people would not be so afraid of this diet. My dogs have been on it for 4 years and I've only had positive things come from it. :)

Pokeymeg said:
They have such enchanting eyes! Beautiful!! :)

I also love their eyes, but I'm very taken back by how nice their coats are. :D

Tortuga_terrestre said:
Congrats! I love your puppies. My mom always wanted a Lab...but ended up with a German Shepherd that I brought home instead. She is not very fond of him at times (They shed ALOT of hair) but she wont give him up. How is Fernando doing?

German Shepherd's are great dogs too. We used to have one. I bet if you switched to the raw food diet that that dog wouldn't shed half as bad as it does now. Fernando is doing great, but now I have to really watch to make sure that they babies don't get near him. It's so much work raising all of these little girls and guys. :p

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
O my gosh, they are sooo amazingly cute Candy :D. I love their little collards, it is adorable. It is so fun that you are keeping one, I am sure the mama will be very happy :)! You must be very busy with all of them plus your little shelled family :). Do not hesitate to post more pictures if you have the time :D xx

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I love chocolate labs. That reminds me of my chocolate lab when she was a pup. Oh if I could I would want one.

Status
Not open for further replies.