Chk Fil A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edna

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rawlins, Wyoming
Kerryann said:
No but my point is that they are using this controversy as advertising and the only losers in this deal are the chickens. KFC will probably launch a similar statement next week and the sheeple will pile in there too..

I don't watch TV so I can't comment on whether or not Chick Fil A has changed their advertising as a result of this issue. Really, though, it looks more like backlash to me. The CEO says something, then a few noisy people try to destroy his business for saying what he said, and other people rally to the business.
And patronizing a business they like doesn't make a person a "sheeple."

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
StudentoftheReptile said:
I love chicken, and I will freely admit that I am not picky where I get it from: Chic-fil-a, KFC, Foosackly's, Zacksby's, Popeye's, etc...its all good. Let freedom reign.

Now Popeyes and KFC I know. Church's too, but the rest are ones I have not tried yet. Aww so many food places to try and so little time.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Kerryann said:
If they were treating tortoises the same way a lot of people here would be singing a different tune.. I am sure.

Of course, but you could insert anything into the argument then - baby bunnies, fuzzy kittens, killer whales.

At the end of the day, it's apples and oranges. Tortoises serve a different purpose than chickens...IMO.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Edna said:
I don't watch TV so I can't comment on whether or not Chick Fil A has changed their advertising as a result of this issue. Really, though, it looks more like backlash to me. The CEO says something, then a few noisy people try to destroy his business for saying what he said, and other people rally to the business.
And patronizing a business they like doesn't make a person a "sheeple."

Pretty much my take on it, too.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Jacqui said:
tortadise said:
Oh man I can grill up some awesome buffalo grilled chicken breast. MMMMMMMMMM Chicken.

...and serve it with the cactus fruit drinks? If so, what time is supper and who wants me to pick them up on my way by? :D

OH MAN! it takes a few days to marinate. But yah definitely need some sippiness, its a spicy. I think I might make a cactus fruit drink again tonight.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
tortadise said:
I have no idea whats going on with this whole chik-fil-a ordeal. I dont watch TV or news or read the paper. So whats the deal with it? I dont know why I am even asking actually. Yeah you dont need to explain it.

Sorry, I'll give ya (and anyone else living under a rock) the long and short of it.

Chic-fil-a is and always has been a Christian & family-owned company. Its hardly a secret, given that their long-standing policy not to be open on Sundays (which is ironically when many people crave it the most! :p).

Recently, the company's CEO decided to take a stand and officially declare that Chic-fil-a supports the definition of marriage between a man and a woman. In a nutshell, kind of a ballsy stance against homosexuality.

Honestly, I don't understand why so many are so shocked. Like I said, its not exactly a secret that the company was Christian. Is it that surprising? Its true that that they may lose a little business, but darn it, they make a good product. Every time (and I mean, anytime!) I go there, its crowded and the drive-thru line is always at least halfway wrapped around the building. People love their chicken. I think they'll live.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
If they were treating tortoises the same way a lot of people here would be singing a different tune.. I am sure.

I also agree with this statement. At this point tho are you saying in the way they are treated or just eating them period?

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Jacqui said:
I love chicken, and I will freely admit that I am not picky where I get it from: Chic-fil-a, KFC, Foosackly's, Zacksby's, Popeye's, etc...its all good. Let freedom reign.

Now Popeyes and KFC I know. Church's too, but the rest are ones I have not tried yet. Aww so many food places to try and so little time.

Foosackly's is a local chicken place down here in Mobile, Alabama, but they are slowly expanding. Soooo good!!! :D

There's also Cane's. Anyone hear of Cane's?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
tortadise said:
Jacqui said:
tortadise said:
Oh man I can grill up some awesome buffalo grilled chicken breast. MMMMMMMMMM Chicken.

...and serve it with the cactus fruit drinks? If so, what time is supper and who wants me to pick them up on my way by? :D

OH MAN! it takes a few days to marinate. But yah definitely need some sippiness, its a spicy. I think I might make a cactus fruit drink again tonight.

If I have to stop and pick up people on the way, it may take a few days to get there. :p

Foosackly's is a local chicken place down here in Mobile, Alabama, but they are slowly expanding. Soooo good!!! :D

We have a Cane's, more chicken strip type of place.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Kerryann said:
No but my point is that they are using this controversy as advertising and the only losers in this deal are the chickens.

They're not the ones advertising this.... Chick Fil A didn't create the boom of business they experienced yesterday. It was backlash against stupid politicians. Perhaps if the end goal is to prevent the death of chickens, liberals and homosexuals should stop suggesting boycotts against private businesses that serve chicken. If the president tomorrow said not to eat In N Out Burger, they'd be setting sales records also. Would you then post that the poor cows are being killed in mass with a similar over-dramatic fashion as in the original post?

Like Tom said, nobody cares what people do behind closed doors. I'm a right winger, but I'm not afraid of gay people. If I had a Chick Fil A here in Vegas, I would have been there yesterday just because politicians like the mayor of Chicago saying that Chick Fil A isn't welcome in Chicago because they don't represent Chicago values (as if politicians in Chicago have any values, including him). Since when does a mayor's personal opinion about the religious belief of the owner of a company have anything to do with a company's ability to go there?

The longer dumb people with dumb causes try to put together boycotts and dumb presentations against companies, the longer those companies are going to be setting sales records. This is the best thing that's ever happened to Chick Fil A.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Kerryann said:
No but my point is that they are using this controversy as advertising and the only losers in this deal are the chickens. KFC will probably launch a similar statement next week and the sheeple will pile in there too..

Kerryann, that is offensive. I am not a sheeple. Not by any stretch of even the most inventive imagination. I like chicken. I would raise and kill them myself, but it just isn't practical for me at this time. I have been eating at Chick-Fil-A since the early 90's when one opened up near my work. I'm not going to eat more or less of it because of some silly overblown controversy. I don't think there is anything wrong with a large company raising, slaughtering and selling chicken for me and my family to eat. If you do think its wrong then don't buy it. That simple. There are a lot of names that people like to call the people who take the stance you are standing behind, but we don't do that here. Please consider your labels more carefully.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
HAHA jacqui your funny.

I knew that that establishment was christian, They can say what they want to its our freedom to. I dont support their ideals nor do I disagree with their ideals. Its not my right to judge what some else says. I just let people be people because I cannot change the mind set of people to be like mine, so why would I even try. I just stick to my own, and do what I do and make a positve impact on tortoises and threatened and endangered species, and thats all I need to know. I find things like this kinda childish really. Time to prep some cactus fruit drinks, jacqui is in route ETA few days :):):)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
TylerStewart said:
The longer dumb people with dumb causes try to put together boycotts and dumb presentations against companies, the longer those companies are going to be setting sales records. This is the best thing that's ever happened to Chick Fil A.

I spoke with the manager at the one I went to today. He said in the past three days his sales have doubled their total weekly average.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
There is a fried chicken place close to me in Saratoga, Haddies, that beat Bobby Flay In a fried chicken throw down, I'm dying to try it!

I see your point Kerryann and what you are trying to say, but sorry this thread just made me hungry for chicken ;)

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Jacqui said:

Chester Fried Chicken machine at the Tribal Express gas staition. Mmmm!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
TylerStewart said:

So equality is a 'dumb' cause?

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
jaizei said:
TylerStewart said:

So equality is a 'dumb' cause?

No, boycotting a business that has the same beliefs as 50% of the country is a dumb cause. If your cause is "gay marriage," what the hell does Chick Fil A have to do with that?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Jacqui said:

I LOVE Cane's. Eat there every time I go to Louisiana. Their chicken and dipping sauce is the best ever, but that BREAD! What is that bread? Its like eating a slice of heaven... Mmmmmmmm
I bought some hats and wear them frequently. Not too many people out here even know what it is. But that's okay, you and I know what it is, and it is good!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just a reminder before we get to far along here, let's try to watch our usage of what may be considered name calling and the like. Debate, but be nice to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.