Chipped beak, Should I be worried?

SpecialK057

So this is my male Russian tortoise, and I'm pretty sure that his beak is a bit overgrown and had been looking into local vets. But yesterday he must've chipped it somehow.
The left cheek part of his beak is gone and the rest seems intact. I was hoping for some opinions on how serious this is. He is still eating fine, very active and friendly and is acting normal as far as I can tell.

My main concern is that it seems like his bottom jaw is sitting unevenly while closed. But I cant tell if thats just in my head or not. Thank you!!1025180821a.jpeg1025180821.jpeg1025180820b.jpeg1025180820.jpeg

T Smart

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, IL
Hi, welcome!

I can't really tell from the pictures. As long as he continues to eat and stay active, I wouldn't be too concerned. If you aren't already, start to feed him on a hard slate/rock. This will naturally wear down and even out the beak.

SpecialK057

Hi, welcome!

I can't really tell from the pictures. As long as he continues to eat and stay active, I wouldn't be too concerned. If you aren't already, start to feed him on a hard slate/rock. This will naturally wear down and even out the beak.
Ya ive been feeding off of slate rocks. Its hard to get a good picture of it. You can almost kinda look up into his mouth a little. Ive also tried cuttlefish bone but he doesnt care for them at all.