Chili, the Grumpy Tortoise (a new children's book)

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
frontcover.jpgbackcover.jpg

Chili, the Grumpy Tortoise​

My first children's book, "Chili, the Grumpy Tortoise", has gone live and is available on Amazon (or you can order it directly from me if you want a signed copy).

You can find it at Amazon, at the following link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09B4F2KTG/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

It's the story of a very grumpy Russian tortoise with a past that he explores with the help of a friendly Redfoot Tortoise he lives next to in their outside enclosures.

On the one hand, it's a piece of speculative fiction that considers the possibility that Chili is one of the tortoises that flew around the moon and returned to the Earth in 1968; then filtered through a number of different hands and households in the global pet-trade... on the other hand, it's a meditation on compartmentalizing past outrages and suffering to avoid letting them rule your present... on a third hand (maybe a foot or claw) it's a lovely little story with gorgeous artwork, almost entirely my photographs, run through software to look like paintings, that anyone could enjoy reading with the little people in their lives.

I hope you enjoy the book!

If you do like it, it would be great if you could leave a 5-star review and then tell five friends who might also like it.

If you'd like multiple copies, signed copies, or multiple signed copies, please reach out to me, and we can make that happen.

Thanks - Jamie

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Jamie,

Chili, the Grumpy Tortoise is an incredible book!! The story took me through a variety of emotions and had me excited to turn the page to keep reading. The story line is one that can be enjoyed by readers of all ages. It is so well written, and the artwork is STUNNING!! Seriously, I want to buy another copy just to make something with the beautiful artwork. I spent as much time admiring, as I did reading. I am proud to add your book to my turtle and tortoise book collection as it’s already one of my favorites. I can’t wait for the next book to come out. You’ve got a new fan for life.

Krista (and yes, I’ll get my review on Amazon very soon) ?

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Jamie,

Chili, the Grumpy Tortoise is an incredible book!! The story took me through a variety of emotions and had me excited to turn the page to keep reading. The story line is one that can be enjoyed by readers of all ages. It is so well written, and the artwork is STUNNING!! Seriously, I want to buy another copy just to make something with the beautiful artwork. I spent as much time admiring, as I did reading. I am proud to add your book to my turtle and tortoise book collection as it’s already one of my favorites. I can’t wait for the next book to come out. You’ve got a new fan for life.

Krista (and yes, I’ll get my review on Amazon very soon) ?
So glad you liked it!

J

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I'm already working on the second book in the series, which is about Darwin... I think the third will be about Persephone, the fourth about Deirdre, and the fifth about Aretha.

J
You could write & publish the very first tortoise love story about Chili & Persephone. Especally if Persephone lays fertilized eggs.....they get married & live happily ever after. Then a soap opera novel if Bertha(?) or one of the others lays Chili's eggs out of wedlock....Chili's love children....

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I got my book today ? it's so cute. And great lessons for a child in general because the good points are at their level.