Chewy's sex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Chewy is young but pretty big! He/she will be 2 in April and weigh's just under two pounds and is a little bit bigger than a soft ball… By the way for those of you who want to know.. Chewy is from one of Tom's clutches.

256cyaa.jpg

18eopf.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Lookin' male to me.

How about a top view too? You say from Tom? Is this one of the 2010 SA leopards?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
It's from when Spikethebest went to flying school and I think it might be from one of Corey's females but I am not sure.

I was thinking male too. I put him in with Leia to clean his enclosure and he was immediately ramming her!! Naughty tort!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Male for sure. The tip of his tail has already extended beyond the anal scutes when it's tucked to the side.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Neal said:
Male for sure. The tip of his tail has already extended beyond the anal scutes when it's tucked to the side.

Yay Neal, I was waiting for you:). Do you think he is normal or big for his age. I of course want him to be big :)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
He's probably average size for a pardalis, and large for a babcocki. He'll be a beast for sure.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Melly-n-shorty said:
hehehe I love the little tail roll.... some one is well fed :)

His tail is tucked in really tight because I was trying to pull it out. He did not like that!!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Because you can't tell the sex by looking at him from the top. But I can start a new thread to show his studly self.

Neal said:
He's probably average size for a pardalis, and large for a babcocki. He'll be a beast for sure.

Woohoo!!

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Erin, yeah Chewy looks big for (his) age. Humphrey will also be 2 in April. He weighed 1.25# at 18 months of age and I thought that was big for a Babcocki. Good to see the pic of Chewy's goods too. Looks nothing like Humphrey...so what is the feminine of Humphrey??

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Ummm... Humphrina? Or maybe Heather? Its great to have other torts around their age to compare, have you had Hunphrey sexed on here yet? It's so exciting to me because I thought I'd have to wait longer to know the sex.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Could you take a pic of the whole plaston with gullars and a side view to see if there is concaving. Looks like female but tail is throwing me off, makes me think male...

Status
Not open for further replies.