Cherryhead Tortoise Indoor Greenhouse

TheWaveCarver

Location (City and/or State)
New York
@Mystic_Queen I have an amazon wishlist here that details the items :) https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/dl/invite/7vIirlR?ref_=wl_share&tag=exoticpetnetw-20

I also have a post above with some more detail into the setup. Something I dont mention above is that I use a simple Tupperware bin with a cutout as the hide - I made sure to sand it so it's not sharp.

A few other notes:
  • Rocks are from outside (Rinsed and cleaned).
  • I only have 2 fake plants in the enclosure. Theyre fake because they go above the lights (A real plant would die). I have them out of reach of the Cherryhead.

Last edited:

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
@Mystic_Queen I have an amazon wishlist here that details the items: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/dl/invite/7vIirlR?ref_=wl_share&tag=exoticpetnetw-20

I also have a post above with some more detail into the setup. Something I dont mention above is that I use a simple Tupperware bin with a cutout as the hide - I made sure to sand it so it's not sharp.
It really does look awesome. Seriously nice job ? I’ll take a look at the wish list. Many thanks.

qiangzhu

Washington
I also bought the green house based on the Amazon list share by this thread. I feel the tortoise will break the green house when it gets larger. My current tortoise continues to push the edge of his current enclosure

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I also bought the green house based on the Amazon list share by this thread. I feel the tortoise will break the green house when it gets larger. My current tortoise continues to push the edge of his current enclosure
Just simple boards like 1x8's could be cut and put up against the rails to prevent that

TheWaveCarver

New York
My tortoise is currently 6 inches in length for reference. What im using currently is rope that ive wrapped around the enclosure 3 times. This sort of forms a "barrier" when tightened. My tortoise has been very unable to escape because of that rope lol.

qiangzhu

Washington
My tortoise is currently 6 inches in length for reference. What im using currently is rope that ive wrapped around the enclosure 3 times. This sort of forms a "barrier" when tightened. My tortoise has been very unable to escape because of that rope lol.
Yes. I added the rope and it actually works for my other tortoises except Sulcata. My 9 inches Sulcata directly destroyed the plastic cover into pieces and came out. I need to think another way for him. My Burmese stars, Russian and Radiata pretty respect the barrier I set for them