Cherry Head

peschc

Location (City and/or State)
south central Minnesota
Hello everyone,
My name is Charlie and I am from Minnesota. I have had my cherry head for a couple weeks now and his name is Hercules. He is about 3 inches in length. Here are a couple pictures of his enclosure and him. He loves to eat kale and munch on his cuttle bone. I have been feeding him more than just kale but that is his favorite. I made the mistake of getting normal potting soil for the grape vine in the back corner because it has the little white rocks called perilite. I have been watching him carefully and have not seen him eat any yet but im sure its only a matter of time so I will be switching that out for normal top soil soon. The other half of his substrate is coconut coir. The box is 4x2 and 18 inches high. I have a 8.0 UVB and a 150CHE 145.jpg which keeps it anywhere from 80 to 90F in the enclosure. I am open to any suggestions to make my enclosure better.
Thanks,
Charlie and Hercules154.jpg

Attachments

• 156.jpg
    156.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 60
  • 157.jpg
    157.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 64
Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Charlie!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If your tortoise doesn't dig at all that might work. You can also use small bark over the existing dirt.

peschc

south central Minnesota
Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
Hello Charlie welcome to the TFO from AZ great looking little tort !

Thanks ! I am very excited to continue to learn and watch him grow. If I put up some pictures would you want to take a guess on the sex? or is it way too early for that even? He/she is about six months old.