"Cheese with Peperoni Please" - Dozer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadk

10 Year Member!
Dozer was a big hit at a weekend picinic we hosted for our church at our house. The event was mainly for the kids and they all had a good time. Besides enjoying the goats and regular 'farm' animals, I did a presentation of all my reptiles for the kids and gave them a chance to ask questions and stuff.

I brought out Dozer first from his yard. He was an instant hit and the questions came flying in. He did GREAT. Didn't get shy, didn't get aggressive. Just wandered around us and chomped on grass while the kids touched his shell and asked me questions. I let him wander around the group while I presented the rest: Box turtles, thunder my tiny sullie, my Russian tort, tiger salamander, water dragon, young dumerils boa, and young ball python.

I only had each critter out for a few minutes, then put them back. But the beardie stayed out a bit longer as everyone enjoyed holding her and she's so layed back. Dozer got to wander the bigger yard that he usually doesn't have access to. He just walked around and grazed and explored and everyone loved watching him.

At one point, he was over by our rope swing and found a kid's paper plate and spilled fruit. He was chomping the grapes and mellons as ran over to get him. Then just as I got there, he spotted a peice of pizza. He nommed it just as I grabbed it. He got a mouth full and I got most of the crust. But the cheese and toppings fell to the ground. Before I could grab it his face darted down and nommed again. I tried batting it away, but he was too stubborn and gulped it down.

Reminded me of Maggie and Bob and the styrofoam cup story...

The kids got a kick out of that. "Hey, he really is a teanage mutant ninja turtle!" (their favorite food is pizza...)

M

Maggie Cummings

I've been having a hard time today missing Bubba, today is the month anniversary of his death. My little Roxie kitty has been sick all night, so I've been afraid for her. Is this just a passing tummy ache? Or is it something serious? She has not been herself since Bubba died. As I prepared him for his grave I laid him down on the floor and Roxie smelled him all over. Then she laid down with him(it was just so odd, she totally knew he was gone) until I wrapped him up in an expensive antique silk tablecloth, then she watched me thru the window as I dug his grave and buried him, and she hasn't been her normal self since then. I thought she was in mourning for him, but now I'm wondering if she's been sick all this time and I am just now noticing. She has really bad diarrhea.
Thanks for making me laugh, there hasn't been much of that around this house since Bubba left us. Only another tortoise keeper could actually picture all that happening...I read your story twice and laughed out loud each time...thinking aww, a little cheese won't hurt him, it's the pepperoni that will make his tummy ache!!!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Really cute and really funny Chad, I am still laughing thinking about Dozer fighting to eat a piece of pizza :D haha.

Maggie, I hope your little Roxie will get better soon :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Chad have you not learned it doesn't pay to fight with a pizza eating mutant ninja turtle. Great story Wheres all the pics??? Next time Pics. Somebodys gotta have a camera I can just imagine you rolling on the ground trying to get that slice of pizza away. Made me laugh out loud too.

Maggie sorry to hear Roxie isn't feeling good. I'm hopeing she will be back to her old self soon.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
That is the funniest thing to visualize: man fighting tortoise for pizza scraps! I can't believe no one in the crowd had at least a cell phone to get a shot of the event...and really Chad, if you have seven kids, surely one of them was walking around with a camera or phone (my five are never far removed from their technology)!

Maggie I am so sorry about Bubba, I wasn't on this forum last month. Did he get sick? Was he a Sulcata too? How very sad to outlive a pet that's actually supposed to outlive us!

chadk

10 Year Member!
We did get a few pics during the event, but our main camera had dead batteries. So the primary picture taken (our church pastor) used his iphone.

Can you see this one?

6572_124579114919_621409919_2239759_2699362_n.jpg

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Awh now thats one nice looking pizza eating mutant ninja turtle. Is that cheese in his mouth I see? :D

chadk

10 Year Member!
Good, you can see it. Wasn't sure if the hosting site would work here. That is Dozer early in the day during the presentation. No pics of the pizza incident ):

6572_124579119919_621409919_2239760_3466689_n.jpg

Pastor's wife 'enjoying' Frodo, my bearded dragon...
6572_124579139919_621409919_2239763_2382275_n.jpg

One of my kids showing the other kids one of our leopard geckos:
6572_124579149919_621409919_2239765_3386744_n.jpg

Another of my kids showing "Indy" our young Dumeril's Boa:
6572_124579179919_621409919_2239771_7282943_n.jpg

Frodo making more friends:
6572_124579184919_621409919_2239772_6252338_n.jpg

Maggie - glad I could cheer you up a little during this sad time. Hang in there, and give Bob some pumpkin or something for me.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yeah, Pic we got pics. I love the last pic she so look like she is having so much fun. Dozer is a handsome fella. :)
Oh and the pic of the pastors wife is brilliant I can hear the girl in the background giggling. Don't think she's taken to your dragon yet.lol

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Great story! I actually met somebody who had a box turtle that he fed pizza to all the time. :( I bet the children (and adults) had a blast!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hahahahahaha pizza !!!! Hahahaha I can't stop laughing !! Dozer must have thought "This is the ONE and ONLY time Ima gonna get ta eat this 'uman foodies" :p SO funny, gosh. Pizza, I can't get over hahaha. I wrestled Tallula for a leaf she found outside on our terrace yesterday, she looked at me like "Why even try, you not going to get it out my mouth" lol. Thanks for the laugh Chad and Dozer.

Maggs my friend I am so sorry you so sad, I hate it when someone I like is sad, it makes me sad. I know the feeling of the loss of a beloved family member/pet. Big hugs to you xxxxx Keep smiling!

Status
Not open for further replies.