Che(ceramic heat emitter)

thetortoiseguy

5 Year Member
What wattage should I get is this one ok ImageUploadedByTortForum1386189320.590077.jpg the highest wattage is 250w but I think that is too much so i need your help ImageUploadedByTortForum1386189448.245392.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
You might want to post your enclosure dimensions and such and you will get an answer faster. I use a 75 for a 6 x 4 and it is not enough. I had to add a fan driven heater with a thermastat to compensate.

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
This is for a russian correct? If so, you shouldn't need a CHE unless it gets in the 50's in your house, which seems very uncommon to happen.

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
I've never heard of the brand but che are easy to make and last long.

but i agree with the previous advice. you don't need one unless you live in a refrigerator. your tortoise actually benefits from a night time drop in temp to the 60s but as said, they can survive lower. if you tort is too hot he will stop eating and likely bury himself all the time. i had that problem because i had my Russian enclosure on top of my leopards enclosure and the heat rose and my Russian was very unhappy.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What are your temps? Yes, that one is fine. I wouldn't buy bigger then a 150 not lower then 100. Btw, I agree with the above, but check your temps.