Chat thread 5.21

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I got new tires and wheels for one of my golf carts today, went from all terrain to highway tires for a smoother ride.View attachment 324965View attachment 324966Also noticed that early figs are coming along fineView attachment 324967Last year the early ones were destroyed by cold temps and had to wait a couple more months for the next batch.
How.many carts do you have?

20210512_203959.jpg

Really hard to find any for sale in this area. This came from a display of citrus plants. There were three to start with. Only one, when I got there. All gone at the other three places with like displays.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
How.many carts do you have?

View attachment 325088

Really hard to find any for sale in this area. This came from a display of citrus plants. There were three to start with. Only one, when I got there. All gone at the other three places with like displays.
I have just 2, they both are 2000 Yamaha gas driven. One with a lift kit and the other looks like a cart you would that you see on a golf course with head lights and tail lights. I'm looking to get an electric one too. Rocket loves to ride an insist on a daily ride around town every day. Rachel has taken to riding very well but Abner isn't sure about it yet still a little nervous.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have just 2, they both are 2000 Yamaha gas driven. One with a lift kit and the other looks like a cart you would that you see on a golf course with head lights and tail lights. I'm looking to get an electric one too. Rocket loves to ride an insist on a daily ride around town every day. Rachel has taken to riding very well but Abner isn't sure about it yet still a little nervous.

The things one does for their critters.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
He's been putting up with this thing for quite a while now. What's the word. He's doing ok?
So far ok. He lost his job and the new one has no insurance. He is old enough for the Medicare stuff and our working our way through the system to get his chemo pills. One option would mean a co-pay of $1,000 a month. So just under half our income. It's those pills keeping his cancer at bay. The Oncologist only expected him to be cancer free for a couple of months and now over 8.5 years.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So far ok. He lost his job and the new one has no insurance. He is old enough for the Medicare stuff and our working our way through the system to get his chemo pills. One option would mean a co-pay of $1,000 a month. So just under half our income. It's those pills keeping his cancer at bay. The Oncologist only expected him to be cancer free for a couple of months and now over 8.5 years.
Aw geez. That sucks! But eight and a half years!!! wow!!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Pretending Yvonne and the rest of you are joining Jeff and me for lunch. Salad anybody?20210518_132505.jpg

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good morning! The rain has stopped, for about five minutes from the looks of things.

20210519_080244.jpg

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just read this line in a book I just started:

"He had so many great ideas they were blowing off him like dandelion seeds in the wind."

I have lots of ideas, just not sure how great they are. How about you?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Saw this little beauty early this morning in the front yard.View attachment 325428View attachment 325429View attachment 325431
I had my first turtle rescue this am. He was on our cement driveway, trying to strong-shell his way thru our solid wood fence. We picked him up & put him by these bushes in our front yard kind of North so he had a place to quickly hide & regather. Our neighbors to the South have 2 rottweilers. I went out 5 minutes later & he was gone...

Attachments

• 20210519_120646.jpg
    20210519_120646.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 6

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I had my first turtle rescue this am. He was on our cement driveway, trying to strong-shell his way thru our solid wood fence. We picked him up & put him by these bushes in our front yard kind of North so he had a place to quickly hide & regather. Our neighbors to the South have 2 rottweilers. I went out 5 minutes later & he was gone...
Good job!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Any of you have helicopters... I mean maple seeds flying through the air? This is what it looks like along the street:
20210512_203840.jpg

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Another beautifully dreary rainy day here, but hey, no plants need watering. ?
20210519_080430.jpg