Changing Things..Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
It's a well-known fact that I can't go a few months without some new idea for Emrys' enclosure. It's happened again...

Some time towards the end of summer I rescued three frogs from the fate of the lawnmower, travelled miles trying to find a shop that sold a tank they'd be safe in and some food for them to eat, and eventually got what I needed despite all normal shops being closed.

After a week, when I knew they were healthy enough, I let them go so that they'd have time to get somewhere safe for hibernation. The tank got washed out, put away in the garage and forgotten about...until the other night.

I've never been able to grow food for Emrys, because he's so good at getting to it, even if I have it covered in his enclosure. I realised the other night that the tank would be perfect filled with soil and put in the corner of his enclosure, so I went out today to get some seeds.

Don't get me wrong, I was under no illusions that I'd be coming home JUST with seeds. Also got a new 'driveway' for him, and a second dish because feeding him on the soil has been much harder since his enclosure expansion.

Here we go:

740328_10151411366360746_1099594419_o.jpg

73325_10151411366370746_1370660188_n.jpg

It's not his most attractive enclosure, by any means, but I quite like it. Once the soil's padded down a bit, and the food has grown, I think it'll look pretty nice. :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It looks lovely. I just add a few more rocks to give something to climb over. It will help to wear to his claws down.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Laura said:
I'm not sure the sides are tall enough... he might climb out... so watch that!

Don't worry, he doesn't. He's had this enclosure for a few months now, and it's taller (and bigger) than it looks in pictures.

I expect he's got another inch or two in it, before I need to put some new wood down to make it taller.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
It looks very nice! Good luck with the plants.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Ii love it, especially the little wood bridge. The soccer ball is funny, all Emrys needs is a goal:)

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
CtTortoiseMom said:
Ii love it, especially the little wood bridge.

It does look like wood? Ah, good. That's actually solid (and very heavy) stone. It's made from a driftwood template, and I was hoping for something that would add more of a 'wood' look to his enclosure, so when I saw that and realised it was stone I thought I'd struck gold.

Then, the more I looked at it once I got it home, the more I started wondering if it looked like wood. I think I was examining it too closely, and when I woke this morning I decided it did, again. Glad to hear you agree. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.