Ceramic Heat Emitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urtle

5 Year Member
Anyone know the quickest way I can get ahold of a ceramic heat emitter? Mine suddenly burnt out and its too cold for my baby to be without one. Im in southern ca so its not extremely cold but still :D

P.S. I apologize if this thread is in the wrong section.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
RE: Ceramic Hear Emitter

Just go to any pet store near you. Most of them carry them. In the meantime you can go to any hardware store and get a "black light" incandescent bulb to hold you over.

Now I would also try to figure out what happened to your CHE. Those things never burn out. I have one that I've been using continuously since 1991. Plus a bunch of others too. I've never had a single one burn out... You might have a bad fixture or something.

Urtle

5 Year Member

Tom said:
Just go to any pet store near you. Most of them carry them. In the meantime you can go to any hardware store and get a "black light" incandescent bulb to hold you over.

Now I would also try to figure out what happened to your CHE. Those things never burn out. I have one that I've been using continuously since 1991. Plus a bunch of others too. I've never had a single one burn out... You might have a bad fixture or something.

Yikes! thats a long time. I suppose they are good quality products. Actually mine burnt for a reason. I have learned from experience that when a bulb is hot (from being on) your not supposed to unscrew it and then re-screw it while its still hot and turn it on. This will immediately burn the bulb.

Thanks for the tips

jeninak907

5 Year Member
South Carolina

Ya mine just gave out yesterday, I had it for 2 years. It just stoped putting out enough heat. I still have it. We are going to try it in another lamp to see if that makes a differnce.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada

Tom said:

I had one burn out and there was a swollen looking part in the ceramic material on the flat part that is closest to the tortoise-very weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.