CC Cages for Torts that don't need Closed Chambers?

Destben

Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
Largewhiteangle.jpg
What do we think of these for torts that dont need closed chambers. They are cheap and easy to make. you can also make lids for them that can hold your lights each grid is 1FT X 1FT and you can make them as big as you want. the insert on the inside is Chloroplast which is a Plastic sheet with the same construction as cardboard with two flat sides and the spaced inside. Just wondering what everyone thinks about them as i am seeing them more and more. you also have the option to make the walls taller.

Destben

Kansas
I would like to add I'm thinking for small torts like Russians that can't break through.

EdMurphy

Minnesota
Where did you find those?
With some modifications I would give that a try for my Russian as a temporary enclosure when we go to the cabin, it would be much easier to handle than a kiddie pool and looks like it could be easily be set up and taken down.
Booya isn't into digging much but is a climber and a great bulldozer, she takes great pride in lifting and moving things. I watch her move rocks that I would would have bet money she couldn't move. I think if she figured out there is a seam at the floor and wall she would work it till she got through then work on lifting or climbing the fence.

daniellenc

Maryland
I think it’s an awesome idea for smaller adult torts and love how easy to modify it is! Now my RF would totally break it and needs constant humidity so will always need a closed chamber but for a Russian, hermanns, or Greek heck yeah!!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Small Russians need humidity. Actually I'm not sure there is a tort that wouldn't benefit from a closed chamber or at least a high humidity.
These would work nice for the adult smaller species. Can a bottom be put on it so they can't dig out? They would work for a lot of situations. Nice that they can be made as big as needed.

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
I really like it..
I’m looking for something for probably next winter now, as my Russian will stay in a closed chamber this year but next year that looks perfect for my indoor winter enclosure.