carolina supply questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flametorch

5 Year Member
Hello, I was just wondering whether their products actually work and had anyone bought their massive plantains or dandelion seeds. If you were to choose would you get the russian seed mix and do you think you could mix them with the dandelion seeds and plaintain seeds (because they're sold seperately)?

M

Maggie Cummings

I bought a lot of seeds from them, and that's exactly what I did, I got the Russian tort seed mix and I mixed some others and added the grazing tort seed mix and it's still coming up 3 years later...

sammi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
I use TNT, and I know a lot of other people here on TFO use it too. Personally I love it =]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I bought all my seeds separately because a couple years ago when I planted the Mediterranean Tortoise see mixture too much grass came up. So I bought only broad leaf type plant seeds and scrapped the whole thing and started over.

Yvonne

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Has anyone ever bought white dutch or red clover seeds? Many people sell it on Ebay for hunting food plots! I was thinking of buying some in the spring! Seems its about $10 per pound or so!

moonraser

5 Year Member
I have bought some Crimson Clover and Chicory seed from Calseeds (ebay) and just received yesterday. The price was not bad at all.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
emysemys said:
I bought all my seeds separately because a couple years ago when I planted the Mediterranean Tortoise see mixture too much grass came up. So I bought only broad leaf type plant seeds and scrapped the whole thing and started over.

Yvonne

I agree, the Russian tort mix has far too much grass in it for my liking! I still have a half pound that I do not want to use next season.

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
emysemys said:
I bought all my seeds separately because a couple years ago when I planted the Mediterranean Tortoise see mixture too much grass came up.

My local Ibera breeder told me to get a bed of Bermuda grass ready for the new arrivals. Makes a great bedding. I have a brick of coconut bark for which I'll use to fill in the the bare wood floor. I can get a huge piece of Bermuda sod for $4 at L o w z.

Sound like the best way is to get the Mediterranean Tortoise seed mixture and vary the light to keep the plants we want growing. Some plants are going to want it bright and others will do better with simple fluorescent systems. The Sun Glo will keep things growing well.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I spent $30.00 on seeds and after looking at several tortoise seed sites I think my yard is already full of tortoise food. For eight years I have been calling them weeds and trying to kill them.

fgately

5 Year Member
emysemys said:

Yvonne

I'd like to plant some of the broad leafed (non-grass) plants as well. How do I get ahold of these seeds?

Frank

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
fgately said:
I'd like to plant some of the broad leafed (non-grass) plants as well. How do I get ahold of these seeds?

Frank

carolinapetsupply.com

Status
Not open for further replies.