Carolina Pet Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
I received an order of Herbal Salad Mix yesterday...mixed it with a little Mazuri today and all the torts went nuts...I cannot rave enough about this product...might actually replace Grassland as my go-to product...especially since it's super-fresh. See the bill of sale below...only my street address has been deleted.

As stated on their website...

Herbal Salad Mix is a blend of hay weeds and flowers. It can be used by itself, either dry or moistened, or mixed with your reptiles food. The mix is ideal for tortoises, turtles, bearded dragons, iguanas etc...any reptile that eats greens.

Each batch is mixed when you order to ensure freshness.

Contains the following***:

Timothy Hay
lavender flowers
Oat Hay
Red Clover
Strawberry leaf
Chamomile blossoms
Dandelion leaf
Plantain Leaf

Order Confirmation from Carolina Pet Supply

Dean Simonson

Thanks for shopping with us today!
The following are the details of your order.
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 10118
Date Ordered: Friday 17 September, 2010
Detailed Invoice:
https://www.carolinapetsupply.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=account_history_info&order_id=10118

Products
1 x Organic Herbal Salad Mix 1 lb = $13.95
Sub-Total: $13.95
United States Postal Service (Priority Mail (2 - 3 days)): $13.70
Total: $27.65

Delivery Address
Dean Simonson

Lancaster, CA 93534
United States

Billing Address
Dean Simonson

Lancaster, CA 93534
United States

Payment Method
PayPal

-----
This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you
feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to
[email protected]

-----
Copyright (c) 2010 Zen Cart. Powered by Zen Cart

kimmer

5 Year Member
I haven't posted here before. I am not a "tortoise expert". I've kept a Russian Tortoise for 10 years. Carolina Pet Supply is great. I have also purchased and used the TNT Nutritional Supplement http://bit.ly/dCw0dL
Powder contains:# barley grass powder
# Roselle powder (Hibiscus)
# powdered orchard grass hay
# dandelion leaf powder
# plantain leaf powder
# wheat grass powder
# chickweed powder
# raspberry leaf powder
# rose hip powder
# mulberry powder
# spirulina
# chlorella
# and more...
# OPTIONAL...Professional Grade Probiotics with microencapsulated (so more survive the digestive process and end up in the intestines where they are needed) beneficial bacteria
I sprinkle in on Romain at the end of the season when she has eaten all the healthy stuff from the Grazing Mix.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I love Carolina pet supply! I bought the mix you got and Hermy likes it, I sprinkle his food with it once in a while and he lovesss the straweberry leaves.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
As per Josh's request I am adding a little more to this thread! I was absolutely amazed at the quality of the product...it smelled like I could throw it in some sauce with some pasta and be VERY content. I'll get a picture up later, but as it stated in the ad, it was hand picked and processed after the order was placed to ensure freshness...and was packed into a zip-loc and labeled...again the picture will tell all. But right now, I gotta get some sleep...I've been at Tom's all day and I gotta work tonight...GRAVE shift you know! Ah! The only grumble I might have is with their shipping cost...it was as much as the product itself...but given the cost of inferior products versus the quality of this...I can let it slide...and will again, cuz I'll be back for more.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Is this a fresh product with a shelf life like spring mix, or can it keep for awhile like hay (is the stuff dried)? That seems like a lot of money to me (more than I spend on food in a month for my tort), but very cool for those of us who can't grow stuff. I'd love a report back on how long it keeps fresh. I'd definitely get it if its dried so I can just feed from it for a few months. Wonder how Russians would like it (or other breeds who don't like the hays, although my Russian likes Grassland, which is mostly hay). Thanks!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I'm of the opinion (and presumption) that this stuff has been dehydrated...I don't know what to say about shelf life because they don't say and I don't think it's gonna last long enough to find out...but I keep it in the fridge anyway...cuz I don't want to risk spoilage.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Here are the pictures showing the mix...nothing special...just to satisfy idle curiosity...again here are the ingredients...if you're bored, see if you can identify them all:p

Timothy Hay
lavender flowers
Oat Hay
Red Clover
Strawberry leaf
Chamomile blossoms
Dandelion leaf
Plantain Leaf

the package
34qtt1z.jpg

close-up of mix
21aa3yu.jpg