Captive bread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetGreekTorts

Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, AZ
Reputable private breeders are the best source. I've purchased hatchlings from Arizona Tortoise Compound, Tortstork, and Garden State Tortoise, and I'm always very pleased with them. I know there are other private breeders as well that members here will also recommend.

Just avoid the "tortoise mill" type websites where they purchase in bulk from breeders and turn around to resell them at a higher price (Tortoise Town, etc). Those places don't take the best care of the tortoises and don't know anything about their bloodlines or hatch dates.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
There are several on TFO and Carol S is the one I got mine from. Just right now it may be a little tough based on egg laying and hatching cycles. Also sadly Craigslist often has a few up for sale:adoption after the owners loose interest. Good luck

BeeZee1

manteca ca
if you are still looking for a Russian Hatchling ....

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 2
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 2

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
This thread is over three years old but it's just as funny, isn't it? Tom pictures a loaf of bread behind bars and I picture bread made especially for captives.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
This thread is over three years old but it's just as funny, isn't it? Tom pictures a loaf of bread behind bars and I picture bread made especially for captives.
People can always tell how YOU were bread, Tammy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.