Can't Find Any Incandescent Flood Lights

keiferdoss

Location (City and/or State)
SANTA CRUZ
I can't seem to find any incandescent flood light bulbs that are local or available to ship to me. Any recommendations on alternative lighting for a basking spot?
I was wondering if anyone has used a CHE bulb for the basking spot or if that wouldn't work. I'm getting a baby eastern Hermann's tortoise soon.
Thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He won't be able to get this in CA. The sale of them has been banned. A friend or family member out of state will have to buy them and use his address for delivery. Its ridiculous.

I sent this reply:
Stupid California BANNED the sale of incandescent light bulbs. Its now illegal to sell them here. A$$holes! We need these to keep our animals healthy! Its great to use LEDs in our homes. I switched all mine to LEDs before it was required. But there is not reason to BAN the sale of incandescents that some of us still need. You have to have a friend or family member out of state buy them and ship to your address. Its a pain in the arse.

CHEs are used for maintaining ambient temps. Because they emit no light, they are not good for basking. An indoor basking lamp is meant to simulate the warming rays of the sun. There needs to be light with the heat. Someday we may have to stick a CHE next to an LED, but that is less than optimal. It doesn't work as well.

Reptile spot bulbs will cause pyramiding. The Arcadia 75 watt floods that Karen has been linking to people might work, but I've never tried them.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA