Candled red-foot eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arlington TX.
So I'm up at 3:00 am trying to get some good shots of some candled red-foot eggs. You know you're a nerd when you lose sleep because you're playing with tortoise eggs, haha! Anyway, it took me a while to perfect getting a good picture since the light can tend to drown out the detail in the egg. I've finally figured it out! Enjoy.

Here is a picture of Rose's last three clutches. If you can see the dates on the eggs, you'll notice that she is quite consistent with her egg laying. For some reason she always lays three eggs with only one being fertile.

IMAG2703.jpg

Candled red-foot egg. These pictures are all of the same egg, but I was trying to get some different angles. This egg was laid on 12/20/10 and candled 1/27/11. I can see the little guy moving around inside the egg already.

IMAG2699.jpg

IMAG2698.jpg

IMAG2697.jpg

This egg was laid 11/16/10 and candled 1/27/11. The little tortoise has taken up most of the space inside of the egg. Notice that you can make out the shape of his head and front part of his carapace.

11.jpg

This is what I use to candle the eggs with.

IMAG2704.jpg

Rose's first hatchling since I obtained her two years ago.

IMAG2647.jpg

IMAG2334.jpg

Mom AKA Rose.

100_2397.jpg

-Matt

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Rose looks like she's roaring!

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Matt, that was wonderful!!! I think your great to share that, many of us have never seen a candled egg.
Thanks Nay

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Very nice Matt...... Congrads on the youngster! ....
Great lil' thread..... for sure!
JD~:D

Status
Not open for further replies.