Can you identify my subspecies?

Ubercat

Location (City and/or State)
Sheffield
Did you find a name yet?
Did you find a name yet?
Did you find a name yet?

I’m not sure this reply is going to come out with the right question (these threads are difficult to navigate). But, yes, I named him Khan. It’s not specific to a particular region, and I couldn’t find any ideas I really liked in any of the languages...

god bless you! ?

WTH?????...... how you say dat??? ??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Make sure to update the hardware inside those desktop computers and or laptops every couple of years.
Yeeeeesssss!!!!!
I just found out my
“still in plastic” 2010(?) hp laptop (not used for years)....
It’s mother board is dead?????

All I heard them say was .....
Star Wars...Star Wars...Star Wars.... you need to buy a new one ... ??????

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I’m not sure this reply is going to come out with the right question (these threads are difficult to navigate). But, yes, I named him Khan. It’s not specific to a particular region, and I couldn’t find any ideas I really liked in any of the languages...

like.... as in.... “the wrath of khan”???
Are you a Trekkie?? (Sp) ?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Good luck trying to tell the difference between the three.
Sorry, we didn't mean to hijack this thread, I'm outa here

Ubercat

Sheffield
As in Genghis... conquerer of

No. As in Genghis... conquerer of all the regions my tortoise’s ancestors could have come from, regardless of subspecies.

KronksMom

Illinois
As in Genghis... conquerer of

No. As in Genghis... conquerer of all the regions my tortoise’s ancestors could have come from, regardless of subspecies.
That was my first thought! Great name! Russian torts are incredibly territorial and he will patrol his territory endlessly :)

Ubercat

Sheffield
That was my first thought! Great name! Russian torts are incredibly territorial and he will patrol his territory endlessly :)

Thank you! I have heard that you should never keep two males together, which is good because I was already wondering if he needed a friend... apparently not :)

KronksMom

Illinois
Thank you! I have heard that you should never keep two males together, which is good because I was already wondering if he needed a friend... apparently not :)
I had the same thought when we got Kronk, but it isn't just males. They just don't do well in pairs. Groups can sometimes work, if it's one male and 3 or more females, but even then it sometimes doesn't. Much like your tort's namesake, they view their counter parts as nothing more than competition or breeding opportunities. If it's just one male and one female the female can actually be over-breed to the point of sever infection and even death. They just don't play well with others. But they're great pets on their own!

Ubercat

Sheffield
I had the same thought when we got Kronk, but it isn't just males. They just don't do well in pairs. Groups can sometimes work, if it's one male and 3 or more females, but even then it sometimes doesn't. Much like your tort's namesake, they view their counter parts as nothing more than competition or breeding opportunities. If it's just one male and one female the female can actually be over-breed to the point of sever infection and even death. They just don't play well with others. But they're great pets on their own!

Haha! I’ve no intention of breeding, so he’s just going to have to stay centre of attention :)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
sorry to interrupt THIS post.... but anyone who reads this..???
She is soooo NOT old and decrepid!!!!!
You are fine!
?
It is these dam computers!
They upgrade every time ya blink!!!???
That's my biggest problem with them. I just start getting used to them and they upgrade to so called improvements and change my settings. And they don't supply a book. I have to have a book. By the time I go out of help I can't remember what they said and a lot of the time what they say there no longer applies. It took my phone to find the TFO. They popped up pretty much first thing.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
What I saw was the opposite. A female being aggressive against a male. I guess she wasn't into laying eggs yet. Or he wasn't her choice.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I thought Karsi but Khan is a great name. It fits a Russian tortoise... the little con artists.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yeeeeesssss!!!!!
I just found out my
“still in plastic” 2010(?) hp laptop (not used for years)....
It’s mother board is dead?????

All I heard them say was .....
Star Wars...Star Wars...Star Wars.... you need to buy a new one ... ??????
Makes sense to me. I rarely used mine and it just stopped on it's own. There was nothing wrong with it. Luckily I have a brother that knows how to start them in safe mode. I still hate it. Mine is also an HP.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Sorry, we didn't mean to hijack this thread, I'm outa here
I would think your presence is welcomed. I'm just speaking as a new member also. When I got feedback from so many people I no longer felt alone. I can't speak for Ubercat but I know how it feels. ?

KronksMom

Illinois
What I saw was the opposite. A female being aggressive against a male. I guess she wasn't into laying eggs yet. Or he wasn't her choice.
I didn't mean to make it sound like only males are aggressive. Just that since Khan in a male, that's the perspective I focused on. Females are absolutely capable of being bullies and should not be housed in pairs either.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I didn't mean to make it sound like only males are aggressive. Just that since Khan in a male, that's the perspective I focused on. Females are absolutely capable of being bullies and should not be housed in pairs either.
I know what you meant. They are like hummingbirds. After they get the deed done all getting along stuff is out of the way...on to business as usual.??

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ok Carol I'm going to try. We're probably going to play connect the dots soon.15977885649142209444488422709904.jpg