can torts die of stress?

Mina Adel

they were overcrowded.
he was the smallest one. he stopped eatting then he died of nothing.

Mina Adel

Thank you! I just did... Oh my.
I am a he.
I am a guy not a girl.
anyway. I wish some one can help me to treat them. and raise them properly.
I did treat them from worms, common cold and constipation.
I know now what to feed them. to get a balanced diet for them.
thanks for all who helped me and still helping.
many thanks to all forum members

Linhdan Nguyen

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
I am a he.
I am a guy not a girl.
anyway. I wish some one can help me to treat them. and raise them properly.
I did treat them from worms, common cold and constipation.
I know now what to feed them. to get a balanced diet for them.
thanks for all who helped me and still helping.
many thanks to all forum members
So sorry about the confusion. Your name "Mina" is a well known female name to many of us so we assumed. My name sounds like a guy name so people have assumed I was a guy before too.
But im glad you were able to learn from the forum and create a better setting for your tortoises.
Im sorry for your loss.

Nicole M

5 Year Member
What do you still need help with?
One of the tortoises is apparently not moving or eating (the one that was given an antibiotic overdose), while another is urinating/secreting a crystallized yellow substance. I'm assuming it has something to do with that.

Mina, I'm confused as to why you're saying that they're all better when in this thread you just said that one tortoise died, and in another thread you're saying that at least two are very ill...?

Have you managed to rehome any of the tortoises?

There was an organization, though I'm not sure they're around any more, that worked with Tortoise Trust called "TortoiseCare Egypt." They worked specifically to save the Egyptian tortoise species. You can find the contact information of the coordinator (hopefully it is up to date) Sherif Baha El Din here: http://www.tortoisetrust.org/guests/tortoisecare/project.html

If that information is not up to date, you could use the Tortoise Trust forum, linked here: http://www.tortoisetrust.org/ttinfo/help.html , to try to find someone near you who knows tortoises and can help.