Can someone tell me what species my tortoise is?

HTrask

I recently adopted a tortoise from a friend (2-3 days ago) but she left out a key piece of information. I'm not sure what species he is. can somebody please identify Mr. Turtle for me? (yes i know the name is ironic)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Welcome.
Photos of the animal will help us identify it and photos of how you are housing it would help us to help you with the keeping and feeding parts.

HTrask

Welcome.
Photos of the animal will help us identify it and photos of how you are housing it would help us to help you with the keeping and feeding parts.

I'm sorry for the delay. Yesterday was hectic.
His enclosure is going to need to be expanded eventually I'm sure, but for now he's living in a plastic bin in my bedroom. There's coconut based dirt about 3 inches deep that he enjoys burrowing in.

1495542350629.jpg 1495542359633.jpg 1495542419307.jpg

HTrask

I've been feeding him lettuce and mealworms daily until he stops taking the food. Is his enclosure big enough for the time being?

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Skip the lettuce and go with some spring mix. Dark leafy greens

Box turtles live on land but are semi aquatic so when you soak it be sure to soak it in a sink or something with deeper water for it to swim a bit.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Young (as in not full grown) three toed box turtle - Terrapene carolina triunguis.