Can I link stuff while on iphone?

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
I tend to use iphone more then my bigger devices and have yet to figure out how to post links. Is it not possible, or am I just so dumb and can't figure it out?

Pearly

5 Year Member
Copy past works for me
Ok, so talk to me like to a 5 yr old. I select the thread I want to link by "share", then hit "copy", then what? I've been going to the current thread (one where I want to inject the link) and ... click on the "..."? Which gives me a "BB code" (whatever that is) and when click on that, "URL" and "IMG" options show up. I thought "IMG" was for "image" (as in picture) and URL would be the site I want to post...... And I never seem to get it right! So please HELP

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Ok, so talk to me like to a 5 yr old. I select the thread I want to link by "share", then hit "copy", then what? I've been going to the current thread (one where I want to inject the link) and ... click on the "..."? Which gives me a "BB code" (whatever that is) and when click on that, "URL" and "IMG" options show up. I thought "IMG" was for "image" (as in picture) and URL would be the site I want to post...... And I never seem to get it right! So please HELP
In the iOS (iPhone) app

Touch the post and then touch More
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1460377364.086551.jpg

Touch Web View
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1460377397.371120.jpg

Touch the Square icon with an arrow in the bottom right corner
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1460377511.496852.jpg

Touch Open in Safari
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1460377536.956528.jpg

Now you can touch the URL at the top and Copy it. Then work your way back using the links top left and paste what you copied

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
That's the way to do it in the app.

Very often I find it easier to go into Safari and Google for "Tortoise forum beginner mistakes" (say)

Open the page suggested by Google, touch the URL link at the top and copy it, then return to the app and paste it in my answer.

Pearly

5 Year Member
I feel like such a frcken moron! Seems I have all the steps except for "paste". When I click on the url it doesn't seem to insert the copied link. I know I'm missing something. I'm one of those women who have no patience to read instruction manuals. In that respect I've been lucky to have an engineer for husband who likes all that tech lingo and "regurgitates" the instructions back to me in more human form. I in turn am a multitasker, on-the-feet-thinker, crisis manager which he can not do. Still getting stuck on seemingly simple step on my mobile device is pretty humiliating and I really appreciate you taking your time trying to help me

Last edited:

Pearly

5 Year Member
http://http:// ok so I can't seem to find the specific "paste" field to click on. It only gives me that "BB code" bar, which upon clicking on give "URL and IMG options to select but the "URL" one doesn't seem to be pasting the prior copied url. I might have to ask my husband to help with this. Though I try to keep the forum only between me and my daughter (the baby torts' mom). Thank you again for your help

Last edited:

5 Year Member
I don't use iPhones, but on droid, it inserts the BBcode tags for a url and you have to paste the link in between. To paste, you touch and hold until a menu pops up with the paste option.

1460422760255.jpg

1460422750005.jpg

1460422737932.jpg

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
The post above is me. I use that 'normal' account for the app/troubleshooting.

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada