can I determine sex yet? 2013 hatch

TLWR

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Baldwin Co, Alabama
3 of them I know are 2013 hatch. We had 4, one died, so I know we had 3. The following year I told DH I saw 4 babies in the pen. He didn't believe me, so I rounded them up... found 5. 2 were much smaller than the others. So not sure if maybe those 2 were a 2014 hatch? As of this year, 1 of them is still much smaller, but the other has caught up in size.

DH took pics as I was pulling them out of the box I stuck them in when I unearthed everybody a little bit ago.

(1) Big spotty head baby
1a.JPG 1b.JPG 1c.JPG 1d.JPG 1e.JPG

(2) Big stripey head baby
2a.JPG 2b.JPG 2c.JPG 2d.JPG 2e.JPG

(3) Stumpy (he had 4 legs when he hibernated the first year, 3 when he came up the following spring)
3a.JPG 3b.JPG 3c.JPG 3d.JPG 3e.JPG

(4) Other little shy baby - this is the only one that has a tiny little indent on the plastron
4a.JPG 4b.JPG 4c.JPG 4d.JPG 4e.JPG

(5) Little spotty head with 3 legs (um, my fault - they hibernate in the pile of leaves and pine straw against the house... seems this one decided to move and was under the huge ornamental grass plant I was digging up to divide)
5a.JPG 5c.JPG 5d.JPG 5e.JPG

baby turtles in a box with Sammy, their mom (or that's who I think is their mom)
IMG_8561.JPG

and with Clementine too
IMG_8563.JPG

So can I tell yet what I have? or more accurately, can you tell what they are sex wise yet?

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
I can't tell on them. Their tails/cloacas all look identical at this time. Not sure at what age they are sexable.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
They look to all be female.

And going by the size they are in relation to your hand they look large enough to be able to sex them.

TLWR

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Baldwin Co, Alabama
They look to all be female.

And going by the size they are in relation to your hand they look large enough to be able to sex them.

That was my thought as well, but DH said there was no way they were all females. So I then went back out and found them all again and put them in a box to bring in and take pics so I had side by side comparisons and still thought they all looked the same.

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
They all look female to me.