Can anyone help. New to this

Kelly_1

Location (City and/or State)
Wokingham. UK
hi everyone,
Need a bit of help. we have just been given my Grandmas tortoise. we are trying to do all our research.
Can anyone just confirm what type of tortoise she is.
She is approx 80 years old.

Also any help of advise as she has just come out of hibernation end of last week and isn't yet eating.

Many thanks

7ADB0EDB-E02B-444B-8F6B-74F3E622F9F7.jpeg 56C54A2D-79B5-47ED-A2F3-15C02F0742D8.jpeg

hollyandT

Hull
Not sure on the species but after hibernation the tortoise will need like warm baths daily to rehydrate and free a week or so she should be eating as normal :)

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Looks like some kind of Hermanns Tortoise.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hi there. What a beautiful old girl! She looks great. Yes, warmish baths every day and just read all the care sheets...not sure what species she is but someone else will know. Wash her off with slightly warm water and take a few more pictures for us!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's very hard on a tortoise that old to be moved out of her territory and plunked down in a new area. She's not going to be a happy camper until she comes to the realization that she's ok here in the new spot, it's safe and food is plentiful. You'll have to give her time to settle in. I'm sending a shout-out to @HermanniChris to see if he can tell us the species. She looks similar to elongated tortoises, but I don't think an elongated would have fared well in your climate, outside, for 40 years. It's probably a Greek, but Chris will know for sure.

Welcome to the Forum!