Can any one tell me what kind of tortoise this is.

Corinna

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
1502473935000-1815980284.jpg Hi,
Is there anyone who can tell me what kind of tortoise this is? My husband got it for our son on his birthday. We have had him for about a week. He has a great appetite and has already grown some.
I want to provide the best for him and knowing what kind of tortoise I have is essential. Any help would be appreciated.1502473935000-1815980284.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

Please read the links that Adam left for you. Most of the care info out in the world for this species is lacking. If you got care info and products from a pet store, it is likely that you got bad info and bad products. Hope I'm wrong, but its worth mentioning to be sure your tortoise has what it needs.

Corinna

Oregon
Thanks for the advice. Already on it. The pet store where my husband got him ("his name is Tip because he walks on his tiptoes" ) did NOT give sufficient information on him. They did not even have the kind of tortoise he is just that he was a "testudo".
Thanks everyone for your help!!!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Whoa, thought you said cypress mulch which is fine, though many prefer fine grade orchid bark or coco coir.

Corinna

Oregon
I like to give Tip a variety of diffrent things to eat such as dandelion greens, beet greens, baby spinach, he loves kale. Also he loves strawberries and raspberries for breakfast. He eat a variety of nutritional leafy greens. I give him carrots once in a great while, he loves carrots sooooo much,. Is okra good to give him too?