Cameras in the enclosure

Wright78

Location (City and/or State)
North Attleboro MA
Are there any preferred cameras that are used in the enclosures with high humidity? I was looking on Amazon and there are over 30,000 security cameras. I don't know where to start. Any info would be great.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Are there any preferred cameras that are used in the enclosures with high humidity? I was looking on Amazon and there are over 30,000 security cameras. I don't know where to start. Any info would be great.
I use Ubiquiti network cameras. My enclosure isn't as humid as I'd like, but I'm really happy with the cameras and the interface. I have four cameras set up on motion capture to record activity.

I have 3 UVC-G3 Dome and one UVC-G3 Flex currently. They're Power over Ethernet which is nice in that you can run a single Ethernet cord (as long as needed) to the camera and don't need the power supply inside the enclosure.

Marizna

I have a blink camera I got on amazon.

It is normally mounted on my front door looking over the porch but I did put it into my closed chamber when I got a new group of babies. I just wanted to be sure they were all eating the first couple of days. My enclosure runs around 90% on humidity and the camera was and still is perfectly fine. It’s back on my porch now though.

The camera is not one that records 24/7 though. You can watch a live stream through the app if you are not home or set it to motion detector and it will record a few seconds of video and alert you on your phone.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California

Uhhh, why the heck are you spying on your tortoise? Hmm?