Calling all UK forum friends - need some help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
:)

Hope everyone is well !
Why I ask for anyone from the UK....looks like Nick and I will be moving there next year September, more than likely permanently. Brrrrr. Haha, I feel cold just thinking about it. My question is - does anyone know about bringing Tallula into the UK? I have done research for my doggy Yoda, but can't seem to find any info on bringing torts into the country ! EEEK !

S

stells

Hi Stace...

Firstly... good choice of country ;)

Best bet is to email DEFRA... and ask them... [email protected]

It should be possible to bring her here...

Kelly

Stazz

5 Year Member
Ahhhh thanks a mill Kelly ! Thats the site I was looking at, do you think it actually dawned on me that I could email and ask, nope it didn't HAHA, Im sleepy !
Great news, I will do everything in my power to get her there, if not, I smuggle ;) haha kidding, but I've heard of people taking in their torts, so it must be possible!

Thanks a million. I hope yr well, and Danny :) Have you moved yet? :)

S

stells

I'm doing well thanks... i moved earlier... into the garden lol

Stazz

5 Year Member
LOL. You moved into the garden? No relocation of homes yet? ;)
Well I just emailed Defra, got a reply saying it could take up to 15 working days for them to reply....typical, haha. But its ok - i have the time ! No rush yet haha

S

stells

They do have a phone number but not sure how much it would cost for you to call them...

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Hi Stace i spoke to defra about getting some torts into England a while back and they said they just need a exotic passport from the vets and an official vets cert saying they are healthy,
Also you have to prove that its for personnel use and not breeding/selling? If you only have one that wouldnt be a problem,When i spoke to them they were not even bothered that it was a cites protected species with no cites certificate at all.
If you want i could get in touch with defra on your behalf tomorrow just give me details of from where you are moving from and when..Just pm me if you would like me to do that for you.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Hahaha Mags, that definitely did cross my mind ! Imagine the confusion on the guys faces at the airport when they see this mini skeleton through the x-ray machine hahaha.

Yvonne - that is the BEST news !!!! I was so super worried that it would be a totally complicated process. That sounds wonderful ! YAY FOR TALLULA !

Status
Not open for further replies.