Calling all Reptile Keepers of the Southeast

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
The National Herpetological Society (NHS) is in the process of compiling an updated list of all the active herp societies/organizations in the country. The purpose of this is to (among other things) have a list of societies to help direct newcomers to the hobby, in case they are unaware of herp clubs in their respective areas. The NHS will soon maintain a presence at most Repticon expos (although this is not a Repticon-affiliated organization) and hopefully other reptile shows/expos as well. So, having such a list will be a great asset to us, because one of our main goals is to help facilitate the growth of local herp societies everywhere.
-------
But the first step is making the list! So right now, myself and one other member are responsible for the Southeast. I've pretty much got Alabama covered, and he is working on Florida.

My request is to anyone from the following states: Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi and Louisiana. If you are aware of any active herp societies in your state, please let me know. You can post it here, send me a PM, or email me at [email protected].

There's a lot of websites out there with outdated information, so we're just trying to sift through it all, making calls, sending emails, and making inquiries to see which ones are active and which aren't. Any information you can provide will be appreciated. Thanks for your help!
---
The NHS itself is still in the infant stages. If you're on Facebook, and wanna take a look, the page is: http://www.facebook.com/NationalHerpSociety?ref=ts

Status
Not open for further replies.