Calif Fires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Well. yesterday afternoon i got the panicked call while at work.. my friends house was right in the path of the Auburn Calif 49 fire. I packed my truck with crates and raced up there. we got her animals loaded and out and her personal belongings.. My truck is still full of stuff, the animals are still at the ranch away from the fire.. hoping to get them home tues.. her house is fine.. the town of Auburn... not so great..Large area destroyed.
Then today,, I hear my good friend Hayden down south had the Station Fire destroy his facility. He knew it was headed is way and 30 minutes after driving the last trailer out.. it hit. All is gone in the way of animal barns, enclosures, fences etc. Several groups are trying to get donations to help him re build fast. If all you can do is help spread the word, please do!! Handy Man? Builders? Supplies? Caging? $$ I know times are tough.. but here is the link to copy and paste to your friends or Face Book Twitter Accounts.. thank you!!

here is how you can help:
My friend Hayden needs your help. His animal training center was destroyed
by the wild fires in southern Calif. last night. He was able to save his animals (including one of Michael Jackson's elephants) but his enclosures and buildings were destroyed. GO TO http://www.cathaven.com/giftshop.htm to send a donation.

www.serengetiranch.com/ is Hayden's website

Sudhira

5 Year Member
We suffered 3 wildland fires ( Summit,Martin & Trabing ) within 2 weeks of each other last year, and just went through the "Lockheed" fire, Santa Cruz County, CA Just crazy...my heart goes out to all. We are not out of the woods by any means, as Indian Summer is barely here, and dry dry tinder...

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Friends, you can use paypal on the Cat Haven website or send a check made out to Project Survival's Cat Haven, write "for Hayden" on the check. I will send you a receipt for your tax deduction. Project Survival's Cat Haven- 38257 E. Kings Canyon Road Dunlap Ca. 93621
Include this info if you can!!!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Wow laura I went onto his site and he did deal with lots and lots of animals. It must of taken quite a bit to move them. I will send out an email to friends and family and send the info to all those I know or have contact with. Good luck to both your friends and all those who are battling these horrible fires.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
These fires are bad from what I see. It is odd though, being on the east coast, we always seem to be hearing about the Calif. wildfires. We get desensitized much the way we do about war or famine.

Knowing people there gives it more meaning!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I am so happy to hear they managed to save all the animals, thought this was going to be a sad one! Phew! Not wearing my waterproof mascara today! :p Fires are hectic, we have loads of them in Cape Town SA every year as Summer is so dry ! I know how scary it is!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
My friend in Auburn is back home as well as the animals.
Hayden, down south, got to go see his place yesterday, and we will soon have a list of what is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.