Calcium Supplementing

BowDownBowser

Location (City and/or State)
Jacksonville, Florida
I have a hatchling sulcata and I just started growing a seed mix from sulcatafood.com. My questions is that since this is the diet a Sulcata should eat is it necessary to supplement with calcium? Or should I still add rep-cal? I also have another question and that is when should the egg tooth go away? My sulcata was born on Jan 20th of this year so he is 22 days old and still has it.

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
BowDownBowser said:
I have a hatchling sulcata and I just started growing a seed mix from sulcatafood.com. My questions is that since this is the diet a Sulcata should eat is it necessary to supplement with calcium? Or should I still add rep-cal? I also have another question and that is when should the egg tooth go away? My sulcata was born on Jan 20th of this year so he is 22 days old and still has it.

Your sully still needs calcium. You can continue to use the powder or get a cuttle bone and leave it in his/her enclosure.

On the egg tooth- honestly I have no idea, but I would think maybe a month or two?

BowDownBowser

Jacksonville, Florida
Re: RE: Calcium Supplementing

Barista5261 said:
BowDownBowser said:

Your sully still needs calcium. You can continue to use the powder or get a cuttle bone and leave it in his/her enclosure.

On the egg tooth- honestly I have no idea, but I would think maybe a month or two?

Thanks. So in the wild other than the food they eat how do they get calcium?