Buying a Tortoise online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boca

5 Year Member
I've been searching around a lot, and I really want a tortoise. I've been taking care of a Red Ear Slider and a Common Snapper for a while now. I've done so much research on both of them and always want the best, so I thought I can add one or two more turtles to the family. During my research I've found that TortoiseSupply.com has very good reviews. I would like to know if anyone on this forum knows about them and if they are truly good breeder's and there turtles are very healthy.
Looking forward to any reply's.

Thanks! :D

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
There are plenty of good reviews here about Tyler at Tortoise Supply. He is a good guy and he and his wife take great care of their torts. I bought my first from him about a year ago and he's doing great.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I definitely recommend Tyler. He is a forum member here too. There are also plenty of breeders on this site that breed all sorts of tortoises. What type of tortoise are you looking for?

Boca

5 Year Member
An Eastern Hermann. Also, I found GBTortoise's is he a recommended breeder also? He seems like he takes great care of them and has been doing it for 30 years.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Very smart of you to do some checking before buying online. We hear too many stories about scams. Always buy from a person with a good solid reputation. Good luck finding a new tort! :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello. Both places are great places to buy from. However, I am a little confused. Do you want a turtle or a tortoise? The two you mentioned You are caring for are a turtles, the one you mentioned you want is a tortoise.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
AVOID turtleshack.com, tortoiseshack.com, and turtlesale.com They are all run by the same person/people, and they have a horrible reputation for selling animals that arrive sick and die within a week or so in their new homes. And it's just about impossible to get a refund or credit from them. I honestly don't know how they've stayed in business...

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
shellysmom said:
AVOID turtleshack.com, tortoiseshack.com, and turtlesale.com They are all run by the same person/people, and they have a horrible reputation for selling animals that arrive sick and die within a week or so in their new homes. And it's just about impossible to get a refund or credit from them. I honestly don't know how they've stayed in business...

Its new people to the world of turtles/tortoises that see their advertising and buy from them [like me] and some people [like me] can get lucky and not get a sick turtle/:tort: but dont take the chances and i am also with tortoise supply thats where i am going to get my first redfoot. Good luck! And yes i did get my first turtle speedy from turtleshack.

Mjdeisher

5 Year Member
My ibera greek tortoise (Paul) came from tortoise supply. He's only been here a couple days but he send to be in perfect health. They have very good shipping methods, Paul wasnt on his back or anything. Payment went through flawlessly. It really seems like Paul is used to people to. He's a fearless little guy. I plan on using tortoise supply to order mazuri and cacti also. Oh and Tyler responded to my email very quickly when i had a question on pauls age. Highly recommend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.