Busted Herpstat 4, Incredible Customer Service

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
So we recently moved and I just completed my tortoise enclosure for my 4 redfoots. My wife accidentally plugged the vacuum cleaner into one of the power supplies that was operating the CHE's of my Herpstat 4 and wreaked that output. I contacted Spyder Robotics (https://www.spyderrobotics.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1) and the owner (Dion) replied to me within 30 minutes. Keep in mind I sent this email at 8:45PM Eastern Time.

I've had this unit for 5+ years and it operates my enclosure flawlessly. It's "set it and forget it". Sunrise/Sunset, heating (including night drop), and humidity. I've never had a problem. Dion is going to fix this for me under warranty despite it being an error on my families behalf and the unit being well outside the 1-year warranty. I didn't ask for this, he simply offered it.

Yes, the unit costs $339 but I challenge any of you to find a product that is made in the USA, performs at scientific levels of precision, produces flawless reliability, and is backed by such exemplary customer service.

I'm floored at the service I'm receiving, thrilled at the performance and reliability of this unit, and happy it's a product made right here in the USA. I hope any of you looking for a thermostat/humidity/lighting controller check out Spyder Robotics Herpstat lineup. They have products for just about every need and at various costs to the consumer.

This is a case of you get what you pay for.

SteveW

This is great to know. I have three of these up and running and can vouch for the performance and ease of use,but never had to use the warranty.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
This is great to know. I have three of these up and running and can vouch for the performance and ease of use,but never had to use the warranty.

Hopefully you won’t have to. I haven’t needed the warranty either but am being granted warranty service beyond the 5-year mark. Wow!