Busch gardens

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Really love the second pic. Little roly poly, so round. Also really like the last pic. Never seen one in water before. They are suppose to be able to swim.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Wow, I had no idea they loved to get in the water like that! I guess it makes sense seeing as how lots of other species enjoy a good soak.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
I think aldabra can swim. I try mine when I soak it, basically just increasing the water level per day. From my observation, mine just basically float inside his tube. Must be the dome shell do its job :D

Anyone has aldabra swimming pictures?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
josh21 said:
tortoises101 said:
Aldabras are actually really buoyant and great swimmers. Here's a clip of them in the wild: (from 8:06 to around 14:00) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSBhTgQwTGM

Really cool video when he was showing the lil Aldabra baby I was like I have to have him

* Yes, that little guy was adorable and looked very healthy!

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Didn't realize Bush Gardens had reptiles, been a long time since I was there. I just love the pic of the Aldabra in the water, I never knew they loved water that much. Thank you for sharing...

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
mainey34 said:
Didn't realize Bush Gardens had reptiles

* The aldabra care taker/keeper use to be a member on this forum. They have actually had eggs and one hatchlings was found in the large circular display pen many years ago. The large male is enormous!

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Fantastic pictures. I also had no idea they could swim.
Thanks for these and the you tube video
:)

josh21

5 Year Member
ALDABRAMAN said:
* The aldabra care taker/keeper use to be a member on this forum. They have actually had eggs and one hatchlings was found in the large circular display pen many years ago. The large male is enormous!

They have a lot of baby Aldabra's like behind a water ride like a nursery for them

Status
Not open for further replies.