Burrowing tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

TandM

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alberta, Canada
I've had my Greek tort for a little over a year now and she just recently started digging underneath the substrate and staying under there. The first time she did it about 3 weeks ago I panicked because I couldn't see her anywhere and dug around until I found her and kind of undug her a bit because I was worried, then she did the same thing this week and was underneath for 3 full days before I un dug her and took her out- I've read on the forum about people's torts "sprouting" and whatnot in the mornings but is it normal for her to be underneath for so long??

Marisol

yoda3106

5 Year Member
Hi there, I have 3 Greeks myself and I've had them for a fair few years and I can tell you now, this is normal :) I can go days without seeing mine up and about, I always know where they are thou, if I don't see them come up for breakfast then I will look for them and if they don't come up for the rest of the day, I'll go back on day 2 to see if there still in the same place and no surprise, they will be, this can go on for a few days untill finally, they will all be out basking to my surprise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.