Burmese Mountain Sits in Pee

ngcox

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
hello, i'm new to the forum. I have two wonderful Burmese Mountain torts I love with all my heart. However, they pee on themselves a lot and just sit in the pee all day long. are they just lazy or should I be worried? thank you!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Tortoises don't really pee anyplace in particular. When the spirit moves them, they pee. It just so happens they pee where they're sitting. Maybe your enclosure isn't big enough for them???

Welcome to the Forum! The Manouria is one of my favorite species. I'd love to see your tortoises and where they live.

ngcox

Florida
IMG_0185.JPG IMG_1275.JPG
Tortoises don't really pee anyplace in particular. When the spirit moves them, they pee. It just so happens they pee where they're sitting. Maybe your enclosure isn't big enough for them???

Welcome to the Forum! The Manouria is one of my favorite species. I'd love to see your tortoises and where they live.

we keep them on our porch during the day which has lots of room. usually they wander around for a little bit and find a little corner to sit in and just stay there until we bring them in at night. i soak them in water before putting them in their night time pen if they stink from sitting in their pee all day. i forgot to mention they're both very young and small, we've had one for two years and the other for one year. I don't take a lot of *good* pictures of them but here's a few older ones

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love the shell pattern on the one in the second picture. They both look fine and healthy.