Bump on chameleons body

tortoiseplanet

Location (City and/or State)
Earth
I just adopted this Veiled Chameleon today. He seems to have a bump on his body on one side, that he doesn’t have on the other side.
Anyone know what it is?
IMG_2338.jpgIMG_2336.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Could be anything. Old injury, bug bite, abscess…

I'd just keep an eye on it. If it gets bigger, go to a vet.

See how the eye is sunken in and the casque is concave? This cham is dehydrated and skinny. Do you know about misting, drip systems and humidity? I'd mist him twice and hour for a while. Get him rehydrated. You can also inject water into his bugs with an insulin syringe to get a little more water into him ASAP.

daniellenc

Maryland
Looks like a healing injury possibly I’d keep an eye on it and leave it alone unless it gets bigger or yucky looking.

tortoiseplanet

Earth
Could be anything. Old injury, bug bite, abscess…

I'd just keep an eye on it. If it gets bigger, go to a vet.

See how the eye is sunken in and the casque is concave? This cham is dehydrated and skinny. Do you know about misting, drip systems and humidity? I'd mist him twice and hour for a while. Get him rehydrated. You can also inject water into his bugs with an insulin syringe to get a little more water into him ASAP.

The person I got him from kept him dry and without UVB. The enclosure is super dusty and smells like filth. Thank you for the advice. I’ll get him cared for and situated tomorrow.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The person I got him from kept him dry and without UVB. The enclosure is super dusty and smells like filth. Thank you for the advice. I’ll get him cared for and situated tomorrow.
Sad. Glad you saved him.