Building another enclosure....... what wood?!?

Gooch

Hi guys, Gooch is back again. I am building an enclosure for my leopard gecko, and because you guys know alot about wood, I thought I would ask you. I don't have any more water based polyurethane to coat the wood, but is there any wood that would be at like Home Depot to build my enclosure with that would be safe? Thanks

Killerrookie

Hi guys, Gooch is back again. I am building an enclosure for my leopard gecko, and because you guys know alot about wood, I thought I would ask you. I don't have any more water based polyurethane to coat the wood, but is there any wood that would be at like Home Depot to build my enclosure with that would be safe? Thanks
I just use plywood for when I built my enclosure. Also used 1/3 for the frames then nail gun to plywood to it. It's safe to use and I've had no problems with it. If you want to make the entire enclosure water you could buy a gallon of drylok at Hope Depot also! It works wonders!

Alexio

Location (City and/or State)
Syracuse, New York
Home depot sells 4x8 sheets of pvc board which is resistant to moisture mold mildew and humidity on its own. The only down side is it is kind of pricy.