Bugs

Dipa

Location (City and/or State)
Mahesana,Gujarat,India
So hi everyone
I notice this bugs in his enclosure
I recently change the mixture because of these bugs but they are again in his enclosure after 2 days
What ahould i do to prevent it?
Here is that on the black surface if you can see themIMG_20180503_175848.jpgIMG_20180503_175803.jpg

N

no one

Is this an outdoor enclosure? Looks different then the one you ordered.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Its outdoor enclosure
Do i have to worry?
Nature is full of little bugs that do the clean-up job in nature. It looks like you have some substrate flies or "gnats" that are liking the damp area and organic matter left in the enclosure. Should not hurt anything and is normal. We even get a similar thing in our indoor enclosures.

Just be sure you do not let older food or your tortoise's poop build up in the enclosure. Pick up and remove as much as you can daily. But you will still have some and the bugs are a natural "clean-up crew".

Dipa

Mahesana,Gujarat,India
Nature is full of little bugs that do the clean-up job in nature. It looks like you have some substrate flies or "gnats" that are liking the damp area and organic matter left in the enclosure. Should not hurt anything and is normal. We even get a similar thing in our indoor enclosures.

Just be sure you do not let older food or your tortoise's poop build up in the enclosure. Pick up and remove as much as you can daily. But you will still have some and the bugs are a natural "clean-up crew".
Thnx [emoji173]
I was just worried..