Bubbles on nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

franeich

5 Year Member
I have had my Sulcata Bowser for about 2 years. He has always had bubbles. I notice them the most if I wake him. They are not always there but alot of the time. He has always been very active. He is a great eater. His shell is very straight and hard. He is about 5-6 inches. He was under 3 when I got him. I have heard of so many dieing from antibiotics that i never took him to the vet. I have always thought if he stop eating or gets lethargic I will take him. He is kept outside year round with a heat lamp. Just wanted to get some opinions of what I should do

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
To be honest I don't think the majority die form antibiotics, they usually help the tortoise, the ones sadly dying are from untreated RI's.
Are the bubbles constant? or are they only appearing at certain times, like say after a soak?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You have to remember that the other end of the nose (inside) doesn't go down into the lungs...it goes into the roof of the mouth. So its not uncommon to see bubbles or liquid coming out the nose. If the tortoise is eating, acting normal, has bright eyes and seems happy/healthy, then don't worry about it.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
emysemys said:
You have to remember that the other end of the nose (inside) doesn't go down into the lungs...it goes into the roof of the mouth. So its not uncommon to see bubbles or liquid coming out the nose. If the tortoise is eating, acting normal, has bright eyes and seems happy/healthy, then don't worry about it.

I concur! :)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I agree. however IF he is fighting something off.. and if he gets chilled, it could take over.. so just watch and be aware of weather etc.

franeich

5 Year Member
Thank you for the reassurance. I dont have to worry about a chill now it is summer luckily.

Status
Not open for further replies.