Bubbles from nose

yung_tort_21

Location (City and/or State)
London
My horsefield tortoise (Aubrey Graham) is blowing bubbles from his nose. He is about 1.5 - 2 y/o, but only 2 weeks since I got him from the pet shop. In the past two weeks it has happened every so often.

Is it worth a trip to the vet? I’m worried he has a respiratory infection... or is it most likely that he’s just a bit chilly at the few times when it has happened?

Attachments

• 0E5C2A48-000C-4FD6-ABE5-65233E5BBFE7.png
    0E5C2A48-000C-4FD6-ABE5-65233E5BBFE7.png
    483.1 KB · Views: 14

yung_tort_21

London
30 degrees C basking temperature 12 hours a day, and I’m not 100% at night but I doubt it’s less than room temperature which is 20 degrees C?

I read that Horsefields can withstand quite cold temps at night because they are from the desert.

Also, today when he had a runny nose it was right after I had taken him to the garden for a bit so it may have just been too cold out there? I haven’t noticed a pattern yet :/ ...

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
30 degrees C basking temperature 12 hours a day, and I’m not 100% at night but I doubt it’s less than room temperature which is 20 degrees C?

I read that Horsefields can withstand quite cold temps at night because they are from the desert.

Also, today when he had a runny nose it was right after I had taken him to the garden for a bit so it may have just been too cold out there? I haven’t noticed a pattern yet :/ ...
Just cause they can stand some cold weather doesn’t mean they should. Increase the temperature to 75-90 degrees.

yung_tort_21

London
He has a heat mat for the night but pet shop owner advised it wouldn’t be needed during summer months. I’ll start turning it on at night and see how he feels. Thank you for your advice!