Broken leg

darsheel_10

Location (City and/or State)
Mandsaur Madhya Pradesh
Hey, I found a tortoise in my yard trapped, one of his legs is not working and swelled, I gave her some tomatoes she ate them, but she rarely moves from her position, she looks like she is In pain, there are no vets around here in my area and I have no experience of keeping tortoise, so plz any suggestions appreciated

Attachments

• 16311867380212086510951235911553.jpg
    16311867380212086510951235911553.jpg
    1,015 KB · Views: 73
  • 16311867780237060808241797621980.jpg
    16311867780237060808241797621980.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72

LauraJeanne

moving
Hey, I found a tortoise in my yard trapped, one of his legs is not working and swelled, I gave her some tomatoes she ate them, but she rarely moves from her position, she looks like she is In pain, there are no vets around here in my area and I have no experience of keeping tortoise, so plz any suggestions appreciated
Please take the tortoise to a veterinarian.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm sorry, I'm unable to offer you advice. The only thing I know to do would be have a vet or tortoise rescue help the tortoise. Since it's not moving, it's in pain. A vet can give the tortoise pain medication. A vet can x-ray to make sure it's broken or something else is going on. Without a vet you just have to either euthanize the animal to end its suffering or let it suffer in pain and let nature take its course.

darsheel_10

Mandsaur Madhya Pradesh
I'm sorry, I'm unable to offer you advice. The only thing I know to do would be have a vet or tortoise rescue help the tortoise. Since it's not moving, it's in pain. A vet can give the tortoise pain medication. A vet can x-ray to make sure it's broken or something else is going on. Without a vet you just have to either euthanize the animal to end its suffering or let it suffer in pain and let nature take its course.
Okay I will try to find a vet online

darsheel_10

Mandsaur Madhya Pradesh
But what do you think are chances of her surviving?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Without help? who knows. They do survive some pretty horrific injuries in the wild.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Legs are so important to the little shelled warriors, please seak medical attention as mentioned. It could be in awful pain as we would be.

LauraJeanne

moving
Well I've contacted a vet online

Well I've contacted a vet online
It is good that you contacted a vet online.
I checked for you online and found the following information: Veterinary Hospital, Railway Station, +917422241291, Mandsaur, Madhya Pradesh.
Government Veterinary Hospital, Mandsaur,SH-31, Jaora Road, Mandsaur.
Rathore Medical Pharmacy.
The following veterinarians are in Mandsaur:
Dr. Chandu Malviya,
Dr. Jagdish Chandra Patidar,
Dr. Meharban Nath and
Dr. Nandkishor Kushram.
I hope this information will be helpful for you.
Best wishes and good recovery for your little tortoise.

darsheel_10

Mandsaur Madhya Pradesh
It is good that you contacted a vet online.
I checked for you online and found the following information: Veterinary Hospital, Railway Station, +917422241291, Mandsaur, Madhya Pradesh.
Government Veterinary Hospital, Mandsaur,SH-31, Jaora Road, Mandsaur.
Rathore Medical Pharmacy.
The following veterinarians are in Mandsaur:
Dr. Chandu Malviya,
Dr. Jagdish Chandra Patidar,
Dr. Meharban Nath and
Dr. Nandkishor Kushram.
I hope this information will be helpful for you.
Best wishes and good recovery for your little tortoise.
Thank you so much

Reactions: Ink

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
I've had chickens that have broken a leg. Now it was NOT a 90° break, The Avian Dr. gave pain med's and told me to just immobilize the chicken. Put it in a small box so it does not move around, feed and water it for 2 weeks, eventually Margie was able to walk around, with a limp, but she has been doing fine for 5 years now. Just my experience....

darsheel_10

Mandsaur Madhya Pradesh
I've had chickens that have broken a leg. Now it was NOT a 90° break, The Avian Dr. gave pain med's and told me to just immobilize the chicken. Put it in a small box so it does not move around, feed and water it for 2 weeks, eventually Margie was able to walk around, with a limp, but she has been doing fine for 5 years now. Just my experience....
I will get her x-ray today