British tortoise owners

4chester

Yeah it's Gordon aka Turnip. He is a private breeder. He is happy to talk on the phone and subject to distance will meet you half way. I come down from newcastle and he normally meets me around Derby / Burton on Trent area.

Last edited:

AlbusB

Location (City and/or State)
Uk
Anyone know what this is and if it's edible for torts? ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1421052906.571469.jpg

Loads near me but don't want to pick it if it's not obviously

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi, pleased to meet you. I have a Leopard called Lola near Newport in South Wales UK and new to tort keeping, but this forum is invaluable and I learn something new every time I log in. You will soon wonder how you would manage without it!

booshsmummy

UK
I am already wondering how I would manage without these boards. I've learnt so much already!

AlbusB

Uk
Ahh can't work out how to start a new topic lol. My little guy Herbert had to be worked the other day, and he was passing worms but not huge amounts. I bathed him today and noticed ALOT more... Is this normal.. Or will he need to go back to the vets???

kittywynne

Hello, I'm a newby on here....how exciting to find you all!
I live on a farm in Anglesey, North Wales. I have two Hermans tortoises, they are both 15
Years old and have just come out of hibernation two weeks ago after being in their fridge
( first time). Currently indoors, they move out into their greenhouse and flower bed as soon as it's warmer!
Will try and work out how to post a photo!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I sort of count for this thread as I'm from Somerset, but Tidgy is 100% Moroccan, born and bred and I can never return to the UK and leave her behind. So, I am forced to live in this beautiful, hot, dry, cheap country where my baby eats her natural diet and has all the sunlight she needs, (usually- we had a really bad winter this year, nearly 2 months of rain and temps dropping to 5 centigrade at night on occasion and 15 in the day. Awful. Never mind) Eight months of summer now before autumn arrives. Oh, I so miss England. Don't think Tidgy would like it too much though.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
I sort of count for this thread as I'm from Somerset, but Tidgy is 100% Moroccan, born and bred and I can never return to the UK and leave her behind. So, I am forced to live in this beautiful, hot, dry, cheap country where my baby eats her natural diet and has all the sunlight she needs, (usually- we had a really bad winter this year, nearly 2 months of rain and temps dropping to 5 centigrade at night on occasion and 15 in the day. Awful. Never mind) Eight months of summer now before autumn arrives. Oh, I so miss England. Don't think Tidgy would like it too much though.
Interesting choice of country to move to-any particular reason/need? It's meant to be a lovely country, although I haven't personally been. Do you live in a city or rurally there?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
England is cold, wet, expensive, overly bureaucratic, politically correct and I've been there, done it and bought the t-shirt. I loved it.
Morocco is hot, dry, cheap, corrupt, shockingly not politically correct and new, vibrant and exciting, even after 10 years. I love it.
Miss the Marmite, but not much else.