British tortoise owners

rakoczigabi

Location (City and/or State)
Basingstoke UK
She's Pebble , 7 months old tiny Herman. Weight 20g :) she's enjoying her first bath both us [TURTLE][TURTLE][TURTLE][TURTLE][SWIMMER]ImageUploadedByTortForum1393686915.701145.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Last edited by a moderator:

Kele7710

5 Year Member
rakoczigabi said:
She's Pebble , 7 months old tiny Herman. Weight 20g :) she's enjoying her first bath both us [TURTLE][TURTLE][TURTLE][TURTLE][SWIMMER]

What a cutie [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️[TURTLE]

rakoczigabi

Basingstoke UK
Thank you :)

Kele7710 said:
rakoczigabi said:
She's Pebble , 7 months old tiny Herman. Weight 20g :) she's enjoying her first bath both us [TURTLE][TURTLE][TURTLE][TURTLE][SWIMMER]

What a cutie [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️[TURTLE]

kezilulu

Awwww teeny tiny! I'd be afraid that I'd break her she's so small lol
How are you both getting along?
xXx

macky9326

Scotland
Hey welcome to the forum!

I'm Scott (from Scotland) and honestly it doesn't Matter on here where people are from there all brilliant and helpful, however it's nice to have members from our climate so they can understand the weather and plants etc, me and Toby will try our best to guide you!ImageUploadedByTortForum1393898339.643522.jpg

Well mainly me. Toby's a bit lazy...

rakoczigabi

Basingstoke UK
macky9326 said:

I'm Scott (from Scotland) and honestly it doesn't Matter on here where people are from there all brilliant and helpful, however it's nice to have members from our climate so they can understand the weather and plants etc, me and Toby will try our best to guide you!

He's beautiful. I love his shell :) how old is he ?

macky9326

Scotland
rakoczigabi said:
macky9326 said:

I'm Scott (from Scotland) and honestly it doesn't Matter on here where people are from there all brilliant and helpful, however it's nice to have members from our climate so they can understand the weather and plants etc, me and Toby will try our best to guide you!

He's beautiful. I love his shell :) how old is he ?

Thanks!

Pebble is just adorable but I would be scared to handle her because he is so small!

Wee Toby is gonna be 4 this summer but I've only had him since November, a family friend had a very passive female Russian, and thought it would be a good idea to get a male, but Toby was too aggressive and constantly attacked her, and the poor little man was gonna get given to the SPCA, I had never had a tortoise but I couldn't bear the thought of him going somewhere where he would be forgotten or not cared about so I took the responsibility and took him on! :D

ziggythetort

Hey, I'm from Scotland and this is ziggy, he's 2/3 years old. We're pretty new here but loving all the info and tort stories! ImageUploadedByTortForum1393971893.453843.jpg

fran

Hi all, my name is fran from North Yorkshire and I have recently become the proud guardian of a 3 yr old hermann tortoise called Patrick :)

sarniacherie

Hi,Im Maggie and I am originally from the Channel Islands but now live in Manchester.I have a recently inherited a four year old Hermann(she is a girl,called Hermione)she is such a cutie.Have had probs though,so many contradictions in what she can eat.Anyone who lives in my area will know the big petshop near the Appollo on Stockport road.All of their torts are fed on mixed peppers but apparently that is bad for my girl.Totally confused,before me,she was fed on tomatoes and lettuce(also bad for her) the only consolation is that she has made it this far eating the wrong stuff but now I want to get it right for her.Anyway,hi to all the Brits and their torts.Maggie

Natalie Jean

Uk, Cornwall
Hi Brits and welcome all! Pleased to introduce Noah my 1yrold female hermanns... We live in rainy old Cornwall :( ImageUploadedByTortForum1395698640.926801.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395698657.360287.jpg

Kele7710

5 Year Member
Natalie Jean said:
Hi Brits and welcome all! Pleased to introduce Noah my 1yrold female hermanns... We live in rainy old Cornwall :(

Gorgeous tort [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️ lucky you I love cornwall :) me and my Hermanns Stanley from Dorset :D

sbwalker5

Sheffield, UK
As I think someone mentioned previously, great info on this forum regardless of location, but sometimes it's nice to hear first-hand experience from people who have their tortoises in a similar climate/environment.

Also, sometimes the products abailable for enclosures/substrates/food etc are location specific.

I'm from South Yorkshire, recent owner of Douglas - currently 8 month old Marginated tortoise

599BC8B6-8AE7-4C26-9806-82C9734CCB4F.jpg~original

Natalie Jean

Uk, Cornwall
Evening all, hoping to get some feedback from some UK owners here.... I am heading out tomorrow to purchase soil for growing this years seeds in. Any recommendations of the type/ brand of soil I should use for my little hermanns? I know that you want it with no pesticides etc in but any specific brands names to be looking out for? Thanks :D x

MichaelNguyen7396

5 Year Member
Hello Fred and Wilma! Ibera Greek tortoise, 3 1/2 years old, 5inches long and 3 inches wide. Currently in Derbyshire!

Yourlocalpoet

5 Year Member
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Evening all, hoping to get some feedback from some UK owners here.... I am heading out tomorrow to purchase soil for growing this years seeds in. Any recommendations of the type/ brand of soil I should use for my little hermanns? I know that you want it with no pesticides etc in but any specific brands names to be looking out for? Thanks :D x

I use this
http://www.creativegardenideas.co.uk/levington-organic-blend-top-soil-20ltr

but I buy it on eBay as it's usually cheaper.
You can find quite a range at B & Q though. Where are you in the UK?

Reptilelove

Plymouth
Im from Plymouth so sadly my torts dont get to go out alot as it rains....alot! But they do love it when it is sunny!

Attachments

• 1407062226532.jpg
    1407062226532.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 37

muu

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1407066131.658791.jpg
Hi I'm Loki and I live in Kirkcaldy Scotland. I'm a Redfoot so I don't get to go outside much as it's just not warm enough here. But I do spend a lot of time playing round the house with my mum. Nice to meet you all.