Breathing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachael and Oogway

5 Year Member
I sometimes notice that Oogways breathing is really heavy, his head moves up and down almost as if he is nodding, sometimes he even does this in his sleep. He did it a lot more the first few days I had him and I was just wondering if this is normal behaviour or if something is wrong

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manchester, UK
He might be breathing heavily as he is still a bit nervous of his new surroundings. He also might be smelling the air - this is why you'll see his throat pumping. The nodding is normal. If there is no whistling, bubbles from the nose, and your temps and humidity are correct - i'm sure he's fine. the whistling and bubbles could indicate an RI.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
League City, TX
^^ what Laura said. You can tell if they get nervous by this same action. I can approach my adults and they are fine but if someone new comes along, they will start breathing heavy and bobbing their heads.

Rachael and Oogway

5 Year Member
Thanks guys! He does it a lot when he wakes up so yeah I guess it must just be a nervous thing as he doesn't make much noise and has no bubbles. I would rather know he is still a little nervous than him be unwell :)

Status
Not open for further replies.