breakfest is served...share your menu's

surfergirl

This is the breakfest my russians and hermann's torts get 7 days a week. I really enjoy walking my yard and figuring out what i can cut to feed my torts. This winter was very mild so i only used store bought greens occassionally. i know some winters it will not be so good but plan to hibernate through that issue next yr.
I have been able to find 10 or more weeds that make a vary good variety diet for them. I supplement with grassland, mazuri, and repashy along with their weeds every other week as a cycle.

I have the testudo mix in the making, mulberry getting started and a grape vine growing to add a bit more variety.

Still wanting more ....so share your menus...

I am late feeding them this morning and my boy left me a nasty massage...about it.20160306_095417.jpg1457277070108.jpg
what goes in must come out i just wished he would quit using his bowl. I soak every other day but they still poo in their living space too.

bryson white

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I feed my desert tortoise some weeds rose leaves and petals,testudo seed mix,romaine,kale and grass and i have cactus,jade and aloe vera growing for him

surfergirl

So i have seen jade plants in enclosure, they are tort safe succulents? Definitely need to add some of your items to my list. Rose leaves and pedals will be easy! Thanks for helping me add sone items to my list!

bryson white

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
your welcome,yes jade plants are safe but only in moderation they can have a laxative effect so i would not feed to much but is is great shade for the tortoises on hot days