Bravery

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Ya know? You go to the movies and see all these wonderous acts of strength and bravery and ooo and ahh, but then you watch the real thing on the news and are just totally amazed and humbled!

Last night I watched one of the 9\11 shows. This one was about flight 93. They played the actual phone calls between the passengers and their loved ones. Those people knew they were going to die, but they took action anyway. It gives me chills even writing about it. It would have been wonderful if, like the movies, they could have overpowered the hi-jackers and taken back the plane, but what they did was so selfless and amazing. Makes me proud as heck!!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Ya know? You go to the movies and see all these wonderous acts of strength and bravery and ooo and ahh, but then you watch the real thing on the news and are just totally amazed and humbled!

Last night I watched one of the 9\11 shows. This one was about flight 93. They played the actual phone calls between the passengers and their loved ones. Those people knew they were going to die, but they took action anyway. It gives me chills even writing about it. It would have been wonderful if, like the movies, they could have overpowered the hi-jackers and taken back the plane, but what they did was so selfless and amazing. Makes me proud as heck!!
I also watched it. A lot of courageous people on that flight. Very sad hearing the phone calls

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Why we never can forget!
So many gave their lives to save strangers.
It's a scary, chilling, emotional, heroic, sad, yearly Anniversary, we must never forget!
These people & their families are always in my heart, because even if I didn't know them personally they were & are the bravest of the brave. And I will not forget.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT

It is incredibly humbling to hear the phone calls and stories of these “ordinary”heroes. I was never going to be a recipient of their bravery and sacrifice, but I am always grateful for their incredible service. I wish their families the peace that their loved ones died in service to their country. My heart aches for them 20 years later…

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
The wonderful fact of human beings is that we are different. We have "do'ers" and we have watchers just like "takers" and "givers". From my life-experience, 99.75% of folks are "watchers". They aren't bad people, they are regular folks but in crises, are unable to move their own feet, even if they want to. ALL of us have seen them, most ARE them.

We all have seen the "do'ers" who automatically react with actions. I did not watch any of the events on TV because I was over at Kerry's and we don't enjoy watching horrible things happen again...but I promise you "it was automatic" for them. No choice, no thinking process over action/or not, just actions to contribute. The office worker, the Mom, the 13 year old kid, it can be verbal or physical help.......anyone can be a do'er and THEY don't have a choice either, ever....they just react with action, it just happens.....because of that aspect, I can't give them enough credit. In many cases they knew well before it happens that they are going to die and yet they are powerless to stop what they are doing to help other to save themselves....think about that. It's almost like a greater power is being channeled, the "do'er" is simply the conduit. For them in the moment, there is no feelings of fear or courage or love or bravery, there is just "what needs to be done".

No one ever talks about that aspect. To me, those folks are indeed, very special. They saved a lot of folks at total expense to themselves.

20 years later and I'm a Jew who needs papers to travel in the USA. ...........Did we win?

jeff

Jan A

Boulder, CO
The wonderful fact of human beings is that we are different. We have "do'ers" and we have watchers just like "takers" and "givers". From my life-experience, 99.75% of folks are "watchers". They aren't bad people, they are regular folks but in crises, are unable to move their own feet, even if they want to. ALL of us have seen them, most ARE them.

We all have seen the "do'ers" who automatically react with actions. I did not watch any of the events on TV because I was over at Kerry's and we don't enjoy watching horrible things happen again...but I promise you "it was automatic" for them. No choice, no thinking process over action/or not, just actions to contribute. The office worker, the Mom, the 13 year old kid, it can be verbal or physical help.......anyone can be a do'er and THEY don't have a choice either, ever....they just react with action, it just happens.....because of that aspect, I can't give them enough credit. In many cases they knew well before it happens that they are going to die and yet they are powerless to stop what they are doing to help other to save themselves....think about that. It's almost like a greater power is being channeled, the "do'er" is simply the conduit. For them in the moment, there is no feelings of fear or courage or love or bravery, there is just "what needs to be done".

No one ever talks about that aspect. To me, those folks are indeed, very special. They saved a lot of folks at total expense to themselves.

20 years later and I'm a Jew who needs papers to travel in the USA. ...........Did we win?

jeff
No. IMHAO, we just handed over the keys to our own destruction.