Boy or Girl?

Khaleo

5 Year Member
Hi everyone!

So I've been seeing all different types of information on how to tell whether my tortoise is a boy or a girl and I cant seem to tell. He might be too young to determine which one he is, but I figured I would ask anyway. My parents told me he was a boy when they got him from a pet store and I've had him for over a year now! His name is Leo by the way, but here are some pictures to help!

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_7744.JPG
    IMG_7744.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7743.JPG
    IMG_7743.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 22

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hello @Khaleo and Leo, and a very warm welcome to the forum to both of you! :D

I too, think that Leo is a male. @JoesMum @Tom @wellington would you please be kind enough to confirm? Thank you all.

Please give your cute tort a daily soak in warm water so as to avoid pyramiding and dehydration, and read the "Beginners Mistakes" Thread and the care sheets.

Any pics of Leo's enclosure? ;)

Khaleo

5 Year Member
My dad and I built this for him a couple months ago its 4ft x 2.5ft. Also he has had no problems running into the glass. I've been keeping a lookout!

Attachments

• IMG_7404.JPG
    IMG_7404.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7405.JPG
    IMG_7405.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 15

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
My dad and I built this for him a couple months ago its 4ft x 2.5ft. Also he has had no problems running into the glass. I've been keeping a lookout!
My only concern is the clamp light. Lights need to be facing downward and those clamps fail and can cause a fire or an injured tort.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
My only concern is the clamp light. Lights need to be facing downward and those clamps fail and can cause a fire or an injured tort.
Hello. The tort is a male, or am I mistaken?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
the more important question is, what does your tortoise self-identify as? :)