box turtle poop prolems

Agne

hello I have an eastern box turtle who has not been pooping right but just releasing a clear liquid
her diet is: strawberries bannanas superworms waxworms chicken liver blueberries

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
You're seeing pee.

Increase the variety in her diet. Bananas can be addictive and create picky eating.

Tess Cook has a free online book of care and a paperback available through Amazon. I recommend both highly. She has a box turtle list, too.

Agne

You're seeing pee.

Increase the variety in her diet. Bananas can be addictive and create picky eating.

Tess Cook has a free online book of care and a paperback available through Amazon. I recommend both highly. She has a box turtle list, too.
oh... well that was so dumb of me haha . I do have the book

JennK

Are you including any leafy greens and vegetables in her diet as well?

Lemonade

5 Year Member
Is she soaking? That's usually when my box turtles poop.

Loohan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North-Central Arkansas
My little 3tbt once had several bites of lamb's quarter, and i have a video to prove it. My other 3tbt Felter loves lettuce, but mainly the bolted stalks. I have evidence of that, too. At least the stalk part.
A few days ago i bought some organic spring mix in the hopes that one of them (and my other, adult 3-toe boxie i injured and am caring for) would have a bite. Nope; i got to eat it all myself.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I put a huge whole dandelion leaf in each boxie cage. My one boxie ate the entire thing over the course of the day.

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
I put a huge whole dandelion leaf in each boxie cage. My one boxie ate the entire thing over the course of the day.
You opened up your portal to an alternate dimension again, didn't you?

TLWR

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Baldwin Co, Alabama
The only thing that eats the strawberries of the plants I planted specifically for the turtles in their pen, the 2 newest chickens. Nobody else likes strawberries in this house other than me and 1 of the dogs (ducks, the other chickens, the turtles, the other dog, the husband). The turtles have snacked on nothing I had planted for them, so now I just don't worry about them eating things I plant.